Development Leader - Android at Veeva
Sorry, this job was removed at 1:01 p.m. (EST) on Wednesday, November 3, 2021
Veeva [NYSE: VEEV] is the leader in cloud-based software for the global life sciences industry. Committed to innovation, product excellence, and customer success, our customers range from the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies to emerging biotechs. Veeva’s software helps our customers bring medicines and therapies to patients faster.
We are the first public company to become a Public Benefit Corporation. As a PBC, we are committed to making the industries we serve more productive, and we are committed to creating high-quality employment opportunities.
Veeva is a Work Anywhere company which means that you can choose to work in the environment that works best for you - on any given day.
We’re looking for a talented, creative, and driven Senior Android Development Leader to lead a new Android team designing and building on our latest cloud software product, MyVeeva for Patients. This is a mobile and web application that enables patients, doctors, and clinical research coordinators to collaborate remotely.
In this role, you will lead the design and build of flexible, intuitive mobile capabilities that support myVeeva applications. Your initial focus will be centered around audio-visual capabilities. We write natively in Swift and Kotlin to get the best performance and usability.
As a key part of this high-profile, high-impact team, your work will directly change the face of clinical trials – making it safer and more convenient for patients to participate. Join us in building and shaping our new engineering team in Kansas City as we build products and technology to transform our customers.
What You'll Do
- Work closely with Veeva’s engineering leadership team, you will build the Android team for Veeva’s Kansas City Hub
- Drive execution for our new Android application from scratch alongside our web development and backend teams.
- Work with the team to evolve a modern GraphQL based API.
- Develop easy-to-use technology for patients and healthcare providers who have varying degrees of experience with technology.
- Utilize cloud-based services and APIs to provide a seamless experience for patients and research sites
- Lead key engineering initiatives to improve overall engineering effectiveness and productivity
- Engage with cross-functional teams to deliver cutting-edge solutions for customers to deliver immediate value
- Recruit, challenge, and reward high-performing engineers
- Be a trusted partner for senior management to determine the best solutions, help drive alignment and implement decisions throughout your team
- 10+ years of hands-on engineering experience in consumer and/or enterprise software
- 5+ years of mobile engineering management experience
- Experience with Kotlin
- Experience with Android application development
- Experience deploying to the Google Play store
- Experience with both enterprise and consumer-facing applications
- Experience working in an agile development process
- BS in Computer Science or related field preferred
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected]