Want to help everyday Americans invest and build wealth? Financial inequality is increasing, and too many people are getting left behind. At Stash, we are passionate about democratizing wealth creation through education, advice, and products that help customers achieve greater financial freedom.
Stash is pioneering the future of personal finance with the first financial subscription that helps people create better lives. From budgeting to saving for retirement, Stash unites banking, investing, and advice all in one app that has helped more than 5M people reach their financial goals and make progress towards financial freedom.
Our brilliant DevOps team is growing and we are looking for a passionate DevOps Engineer to join and help us build reliable, scalable and secure infrastructure and tooling to empower our internal and external users.
You'll be working hand in hand with many talented, strong and diverse engineers across the Product Engineering, Security and IT teams to build out and shape our infrastructure.
What you’ll do:
- Support the development, deployment, and evolution of platforms, business critical services on AWS
- Collaborate with Product Engineering, Security and IT engineers to spec out requirements, implementation, documentation, maintenance, and improvement of our tooling
- Work on ways to automate and improve development
- Participate in an on-call rotation
- Write documentation for the operation of infrastructure and applications owned by the DevOps team, including runbooks, checklists and incident reporting
- Participate in an on-call rotation
What we’re looking for:
- A real team player, good communicator and ‘Can do’ attitude
- 3+ years of professional experience building infrastructure
- Good understanding of Linux/Unix Operating Systems
- Experience working with AWS and understanding of its services
- Use of infrastructure as code e.g. Terraform, CloudFormation, scripting and automation
- Working knowledge of containerized infrastructure, ideally experience with Kubernetes
- Data-driven decision maker, willing to take risks, fail fast, and iterate quickly
- Creative problem solver with a passion for testing, debugging, and maintaining cloud infrastructure
- Bachelors in Computer Science, a related technical field, or relevant industry experience
- Experience with database administration, preferably RDS Postgres
- Experience building an application at scale
At Stash it is our mission to help everyday Americans invest and build wealth. That includes people of all races, genders, and abilities, so it is important to us to acknowledge and address the issues of inequality in financial services head on.
Diversity and inclusion are essential to living our values, promoting innovation, and building the best products. Our success is directly related to our employees and we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of the customers that we serve. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Stash is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.
If you require any reasonable accommodations to make your application process more accessible please reach out to [email protected].
Invest in Yourself:
- Equity & Stash Accounts [Invest, Retire, Custodial, Bank]
- Flexible PTO
- Learning & Development Fund
- Work from Home Stipends
- Parental Leave [Primary & Secondary]
- BuiltIn’s Best Places to Work (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Forbes Fintech 50 (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Best Digital Bank, Finovate Awards (2020)
- Tearsheet Challenge Awards, Best Banking Card Product - Stock-Back® Card, 2020
- LendIt Fintech Innovator of the Year (2019 & 2020)
**No recruiters, please**