Datadog is the monitoring and security platform for cloud applications. Our SaaS product is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries to enable digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stack, allowing for seamless collaboration and problem-solving among Dev, Ops and Security teams globally. Given the resilience of cloud technologies and importance placed today in digital operations and agility, Datadog continues to innovate and is well positioned for the long term.
We are Datadog’s in-house product experts. The technical solutions team enables Datadog’s worldwide growth by educating potential clients and ensuring that existing customers are happy and successful. We share our technical and product expertise with customers through demos, presentations, technical evaluations, and ongoing support. Technical solutions is a growing global team that collaborates constantly to share knowledge and continuously advance our technical skillset.
As a DevOps Engineer on the demo environments team, you will be in a unique position to build solutions used to demonstrate Datadog’s value to prospects and customers. You will be responsible for building and maintaining business critical demo environments that Pre and Post Sales Engineering, Product Management, Marketing, Events, and Support uses on a daily basis around the globe. Your work will be on display during demos, at events, and in documentation, blog posts, and marketing materials. You will be working with the latest technologies in the space, allowing you to use your creativity to craft compelling storylines that speak to the value proposition of Datadog.
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand that not everyone will meet these requirements on day one. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow these skills but don’t meet all of these qualifications, we encourage you to apply.
- Design, develop, deploy, monitor, and maintain business critical infrastructure and software to power the Datadog demo environment, empowering hundreds of individuals to deliver demos daily
- Work with subject matter experts in engineering teams such as data science, security, tracing, etc. and collaborate closely with product management and sales engineers to build demo solutions for all aspects of the Datadog platform
- Become a Datadog expert, understanding the platform in detail, to best deliver demo related solutions, support other Datadog employees using those solutions, and using Datadog to monitor the health of those solutions
- Improve existing solutions through a variety of means, such as developing new features, implementing new technologies, building new services, tuning infrastructure, automating manual processes, improving deployment pipelines, etc
- Help keep our demo solutions reliable, available, and fast by responding to alerts, investigating issues, performing necessary operations, and delivering fixes
- Support our internal customers by helping answer questions about the demo environment, troubleshooting, tracking feature requests and bugs, escalating issues, and reporting or calling incidents when necessary
- Proficient in one or more programming language
- Comfortable working with Linux
- Familiar with modern infrastructure such as IaaS cloud services and containers
- Willing to learn new programming/scripting languages and technologies and implement them
- A self-starter and problem solver, willing to take on hard problems and work autonomously when necessary
- You value a pragmatic approach, code simplicity, and efficiency
- You want to work in a fast, high growth startup environment
- Experience deploying and maintaining software
- Experience deploying services in Kubernetes or alternative orchestrators
- You can work on both frontend and backend code
- Experience with infrastructure as code and configuration management tools
- Experience with CI/CD workflows and tools
- Generous and competitive global and US benefits
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan
- Continuous career development and pathing opportunities
- Product training to develop an in-depth understanding of our product and space
- Best in breed onboarding
- Internal mentor and buddy program cross-departmentally
- Friendly and inclusive workplace culture
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.