Our mission is to help companies across the world improve their customer experiences through streamlined quality assurance practices, customer support coaching, and data driven reporting.
Even more important than skills is being a great culture fit - so that we all can have amazing work relationships that energize us everyday.
What makes a great fit for Maestro?
You want to be pushed and challenged by the people around you to open your mind, change your opinion, and spin every obstacle in your way as an opportunity for growth.
You want a work environment where people hold each other accountable. Giving transparent and honest feedback for the betterment of that human being and the team is so important you.
You don't want work to be a clock-in, clock-out vibe. You truly value building meaningful relationships with the people you spend tens of hours with. This means you want to learn about people's interests, hobbies, lives, and want people to take an interest in yours. For you, work is a place to build another community and not just a means to afford the community you have outside of work.
Lastly, you want to live like an owner and not just accept but embrace the responsibility that comes with it (trust, autonomy, flexibility, clear impact,. etc.).
We're looking to add a DevOps Engineer to help us level up our team and scale smoothly as we are growing rapidly.
Engineering at MaestroQA Our customers are the focus point of all engineering decisions and our goal is always how to help our customers provide loyalty-driving conversations with their customers. We do this by working closely with our sales and customer success teams as well as communicating directly with customers. The insights gained from these conversations inform our engineering roadmap and ensure we have a clear vision and purpose behind the work we do.You will help build an amazing product and infrastructure to power this change by working with both the existing development team to help build and scale products and the rest of the company to help set the technical and product direction.
- Have the opportunity to work across the whole range of our application and infrastructure
- Build major parts of our deployment pipeline
- Communicate directly with our internal teams to help define our roadmap
- Help launch us into new platforms and regions
- Build on our suite of tools
- Contribute to technical decisions that impact company growth
The best applicants will likely:
- Have 3+ years of experience deploying production software applications
- Have DevOps or SRE specific experience
- Thrive in a dynamic environment with varied responsibilities
- Be excited about working directly with development teams and building solutions that have impact
- Have an eagerness to experiment, a determination to contribute, and a drive recognize problems and swiftly remedy them
- Experience with cloud infrastructure (we're on AWS)
Pay, Perks & Such:
At Maestro, we are in the family-phase. The biggest perk by far is the opportunity to learn by working on the ground floor and getting to actually build the roller coaster versus just ride it. We provide competitive salaries, stock options and benefits like health coverage, 401k, team events, and more!