DevOps Engineer at CLEAR
Founded in 2010, CLEAR’s mission is to create frictionless experiences. With more than 10 million members and hundreds of partners across the world, CLEAR’s identity platform is transforming the way people live, work, and travel. Whether it’s at the airport, stadium, or right on your phone, CLEAR connects you to the things that make you, you - making everyday experiences easier, more secure, and more seamless. Since day one, CLEAR has been committed to privacy done right. Members are always in control of their own information, and we never sell member data.
We are seeking a DevOps Engineer passionate about automation to build a next-generation DevOps culture. Our team is focused on pipeline-based software delivery and empowering our internal engineering teams to build scalable self-service solutions. You will live and breathe infrastructure as code and work with technologies such as GitHub Actions, Kubernetes, Twistlock, Terraform, Docker, and a wide variety of AWS cloud-native service offerings. The ideal candidate will work with a pure infrastructure as code operating model, embrace cattle and not pets, and have a deep understanding of deployment and integration automation as well as a high level of proficiency in Bash, Python and for bonus points Go. You will be working on creating feature parity with existing systems and developing solutions that will enable rapid scaling and self-service workflows. Other expectations include tooling and monitoring, the ability to incorporate APM solutions into the workflow, and troubleshooting of production systems.
What You Will Do:
- Build and implement automated workflows to enable engineers to self-service their infrastructure and deployment needs.
- Build next-generation tooling involving cutting-edge technologies and entirely cloud-native solutions.
- Incorporate performance monitoring and tooling into deployment and workflow automation
- Partner with the Infrastructure team to deploy seamless infrastructure as code solutions
- Upgrade existing technology patterns to provide feature parity with legacy systems and work with internal teams to upskill them on new features and capabilities designed by the Build Integration and Tooling team (B.I.T.S.)
Who You Are:
- Passionate about privacy identity management and security
- 3+ years of experience working in CI/CD based software and infrastructure development environments.
- Capable of advanced scripting in Bash and Python as well as other languages you want to bring to the table and upskill the team on.
- Excellent at documenting and summarizing for new features for additions in release cycle documentation.
- Strong knowledge of AWS products, especially AWS containerization, security, and network functionality.
- Strong knowledge of container technology and orchestration.
- Strong understanding of Cloud Native design principles (CNF familiarity preferred)
- Desire to continuously improve systems and environments