Greater NYC Area
At HyperScience, we use modern machine learning to turn documents into machine-readable data. Our customers receive a wide variety of documents, like life insurance applications, paystubs, utility bills, insurance claims, that must be processed quickly and accurately to better serve the people at these organizations, and their customers. Amazingly, this is all done manually today. We’re on a mission to change that!
Our product is already delivering value to large, blue-chip organizations in financial services and insurance, and we see a massive opportunity to expand to more industries and automate more business processes. We are looking for people who are excited to help us build upon this foundation and vision.
Founded in 2014 by Peter Brodsky, Vladimir Tzankov, and Krasimir Marinov, Hyperscience has raised over $48 million from SV Angel, The Stripes Group, Firstmark, Battery Ventures, and Felicis Ventures.
We're hiring for DevOps! Our DevOps team is responsible for managing our releases and environments, monitoring/alerting, CI/CD pipelines, packaging and integration technologies for delivery our product to our customers, and developer ergonomics. As a member of this team, you'll own the process of bundling our application into a fault-tolerant deliverable that can interact with a multitude of client environments, all while using modern DevOps technologies and processes.
- Work with technologies like Docker, Ansible, Terraform, and CI/CD platforms. Of course, we rely heavily on tried and true technologies like bash scripting, *nix, etc.
- Ensure reliability, scalability, and performance for all our deployments and environments, both internally and externally.
- Automate workloads (we use AWS for this)
- Create technology to make the client deployment and integration process as seamless and simple as possible.
- Advise both our engineering team and our clients about best practices for architecting solutions to make HyperScience maximally perform.
- Manage large data pipelines, and distributed training and evaluation networks.
- Create technologies and drive processes that enable all engineers to quickly develop high-quality, production code.
- You love analyzing, monitoring, and troubleshooting distributed systems. We use prometheus and elastic stack to help.
- You have experience with running Docker in production systems.
- You have deep experience modern configuration management and orchestration software.
- You have extensive knowledge of Unix/Linux operating systems internals and administration (e.g., filesystems, inodes, system calls) and networking (e.g., TCP/IP, routing, iptables, network topologies and hardware, SDN).
- You regularly write bash scripts and know a general-purpose language like python
- You've worked extensively with at least one major cloud provider (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.)
- You are comfortable using at least one programming language like Python, Go, C++, Java, Ruby, and shell scripting languages.
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- Ability to debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Read Full Job Description