MakerBot believes there's an innovator in everyone. As a global leader in desktop 3D printing, we set the standard in reliability and ease-of-use by providing effective solutions for every stage of the 3D printing process. We are proud to both serve the largest 3D printer install base worldwide and run the largest 3D printing community in the world.
Over the past few years, we’ve expanded the functionality of our printers to include the kind of accessibility and control users have come to expect in our always-on, cloud-connected world. Our the web team makes that possible. Your work will have an enormous impact on our users.
For this particular role, we are looking for a DevOps Engineer to help run and improve our web platforms so we can provide the best, most user friendly, 3D printing experience. If you like to make things secure, efficient and automated, then you are just who we are looking for.
As a DevOps Engineer, your responsibilities are:
- Maintain current infrastructure
- Monitor services to maintain uptime
- Work with developers to help optimize the performance of our web apps/services
- Be on-call to troubleshoot problems and keep everything running
- Streamlining processes using automation with scripting languages such as bash, python, etc
- Plan ways to improve the infrastructure, and implement those plans
- Build and develop deployment pipelines with automated canary’s, we use Spinnaker for this
As a DevOps Engineer, you need 3+ years of experience in:
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Specifically: EC2, S3, RDS, ElasticCache, VPC, ELB, IAM and ECS
- Google Cloud Services
- Specifically: Google Computer, Google Kubernetes Engine, Google Networking, IAM
- Running production workloads with Docker
- Understanding of monitoring and how to develop SLA’s and SLO’s
- Proficient with configuration management tools Ansible and Terraform
- Using CI/CD solutions Jenkins / CircleCi / Team City specially Spinnaker
- Experience building cloud based networks for cloud services
- 2+ years Kubernetes deployments using spinnaker, helm or CI/CD
- Monitoring Kubernetes with prometheus and datadog like services
- Configuration tooling such as Ansible or Chef-Zero
- Experience with centralized logging and automation of alerting
- Ability to troubleshoot scaling issues and point out the bottle necks and how to fix them
- Experience with Serverless architectures and deployment strategies
- IoT architecture
- PHP/Node.JS/Ruby Development/Golang
- New Relic
- SOX Compliance
- PCI Compliance
- Event driven Architecture
- 3D printing experience (you’ll be surrounded by rows and rows of 3D printers all day that you can make stuff on all the time), or just love Making Things and sharing them.
- Working with a distributed team, using Slack, Google Hangouts and Zoom.
Other things we do:
- Demo Day: Every other Friday the software, product, and design teams gather to share what we’ve been working on. It’s a nice way to wind down the week. Soft drinks and beer provided!
- Programming Workshop: On non-Demo Day Fridays we hold an optional programming workshop. This a team-driven meeting where topics are suggested by all of us. Want to learn something new? Suggest it! Want to tell everyone how great some new tech is? Propose it! Beverages provided.
- Training Opportunities: Is there a conference or training you’d like to attend? A book you want to buy? We can make that happen!
- Quarterly team outings: We carve out time to have fun on company time! Events in the past have included: catching a film and grabbing lunch at the nearby Alamo Drafthouse; playing games, sipping beers, and slamming snacks at Barcade, and exploring good eats in Brooklyn on a local food tour. We are always open to suggestions!
Sometimes, it’s the little things:
- Amazing view from the 21st floor. Great for Instagram!
- Snacks and seltzer. Fruit, yogurt, nuts, granola bars, chips, cereal… it’s like bringing your pantry to work.
- A ping-pong and pool table, if you’re into that sort of thing. And healthy intra-office competition to go with it.
- Twice weekly on-site, after-work yoga.
- Access to 3D printers, of course. But also helpful people who love sharing their knowledge and expertise to help and teach you how to use them.
- Monthly birthday celebrations complete with cupcakes, brownies, and some ridiculously delicious pudding cups.
This is an on-site, full-time salaried position located in our Brooklyn office. The compensation package includes health, dental, vision benefits, pre-tax benefits for transit, 401K matching, and three weeks of vacation.
This is a great opportunity to make a big impact in a unique industry working with amazing people.
MakerBot, a subsidiary of Stratasys Ltd. (Nasdaq: SSYS), is a global leader in the 3D printing industry. Founded in 2009 in Brooklyn, NY, MakerBot strives to redefine the standards for reliability and ease-of-use. Through this dedication, MakerBot has one of the largest install bases in the industry and also runs Thingiverse, the largest 3D printing community in the world.
MakerBot's connected 3D printing solutions address the wider needs of professionals and educators, evolving their ideas from inspiration to innovation.
MakerBot is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all applicants for all positions without regard to race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, status with regard public assistance, veteran status, or membership in any other legally protected class.