At Clear Street, we are disrupting the institutional brokerage and clearing market by modernizing archaic industry segments with brand new technology. We’re changing the way institutional investors interact with the markets; offering an alternative to working with big banks. Our cloud-based API technology will empower clients to clear, settle, and finance trading activity while accessing real-time risk and position information. Our platform is built on an incredibly modern tech-stack, by pragmatic engineers focused on building intuitive and frictionless user experiences. Our tech-infused suite of customer experience-oriented prime service offerings will increase our clients’ efficiency and provide real-time insights they’ve never previously experienced.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will work closely with our engineering team while aiming to securely scale our platform. You will design and construct tools, frameworks, systems, and processes the Clear Street team uses to build, scale, and deploy our platform. You will inform and mentor our engineering team - ensuring we prioritize reliability from the beginning and additionally learn to predict it.
DevOps Engineer Characteristics:
- You’ve excelled in supporting and improving environments that demand near 100%, in an SRE or DevOps role.
- You live and breathe all things cloud, including automation tools (Terraform, Kubernetes, Docker, Linux).
- You are dedicated to understanding the origins of system instability.
- You know how to strategically develop and manage long term solutions while delivering on short-term tactical projects.
- You have built a foundational understanding of running applications on distributed systems through your education and experience.
- You enjoy using data to identify trends in system performance and designing predictive solutions to recurrent issues.
- You are capable of identifying edge cases, simplifying over-complications, and building resilience in Clear Street’s network.
- The opportunity to join a small and growing team of good people, where you can make a difference
- A new, high-quality code base with little technical debt and room to build new services and features
- An environment that embraces the utility of a DevOps oriented culture and combines it with a focus on CI/CD methodology
- A meritocratic philosophy that champions collaboration
- Competitive compensation, benefits, and perks