DevOps Engineer at Candid™
Candid™ is helping people get the smiles they always wanted at prices they can afford. By simplifying the process (direct-to-consumer) and reducing costs (by up to 65% less), we can help more people feel confident and healthy. We believe that high quality dental care should be affordable and accessible, and we're using teledentistry to facilitate the diagnosis and treatment of orthodontic patients. Our team includes startup veterans with experience across healthcare, hospitality, tech, and finance at companies such as Lyft, Squarespace, WeWork, Blue Apron, and Clover Health.
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to join the Candid™ team to work across our stack, including infrastructure, architecture, and data. You will be responsible for managing the infrastructure and delivery of our core applications and integrations of third-party tools for our marketing, operations, and product teams.
We’re building a best-in-class consumer/healthcare brand and are looking for an engineer who has an interest in customer experience in addition to the ability to execute on those ideas.
You will partner with our product team, design team, and marketing team and will be responsible for developing sound technical solutions that will allow us to scale the business as we grow. You will initially report to the Engineering Manager for Experience.
What You’ll Do
- Build and manage the infrastructure that powers Candid
- Empower engineers to reliably deploy code to the infrastructure
- Monitor and improve site reliability
- Manage our GitHub-based rapid deployment environment
- Take full ownership of projects from design to implementation and deployment
- Use a wide array of open source tools and frameworks
What You’ll Need
- 3 years minimum experience as a DevOps-focused engineer
- You’ll show a high degree of fluency in our stack:
- AWS infrastructure, e.g. ECS Fargate, S3, Postgres RDS, Redshift, Lambda
- Additional third-party tools such as Datadog, Kibana, Sentry, Cloudflare, Stripe and others to simplify services such as monitoring, CDN, payments, etc
- Experience working with growth and product teams to meet business needs
- Fluency in the mechanics of the internet, including TCP/IP, DNS, caching, etc
- Demonstrated instincts around building reliable and scalable systems, balancing iteration speed with quality
- Competitive compensation and equity in the business
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Easy access to work - across the street from 4, 5, 6, L, N, Q, R, W trains, and around the block from the F and M
- Commuter benefits
- Significant discount on our customized treatment plans and aligners
- You will grow a lot here. You’ll be surrounded by employees with deep experience in their field, who have a strong passion for doing great work and constantly learning
We continuously strive to create and maintain a diverse and inclusive environment, and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Additionally, this organization participates in E-Verify.