DevOps Engineering Manager
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including Seamless, HBO, Disney, Urban Outfitters, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, tens of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 2 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Mobile Marketing Platforms in 2019. The company has also been named on the Forbes Cloud 100, Inc. Magazine’s 2019 Best Places to Work, and Crain's 2019 Best Places to Work in NYC lists.
We are headquartered in New York with offices in London, San Francisco and Singapore. And we have over 400 employees and are growing!
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
Braze, Inc is seeking a DevOps Engineering Manager to join our team in New York City. The DevOps teams build and support the infrastructure, deployment pipelines, databases, etc that power the Braze customer engagement platform. In addition, the DevOps team is also tasked with 24/7/365 support of the entirety of mission-critical applications and the platforms they run on.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
As a DevOps Engineering Manager at Braze you will tackle a diverse set of projects, tasks, and problems focused around:
- Research, Implementation and Support of mission critical infrastructure projects such as Kubernetes and Kafka at scale
- Achieving a 99.999% uptime for the services that power our platform such as Postgres, Redis, and MongoDB.
- Project management (Agile) best practices and implementation
- Career development for high performance direct reports
- Building partnerships with other Engineering and non Engineering teams
- Optimizing resources and costs of goods sold
- Company wide enablement of DevOps best practices and methodologies
- Developing standards and processes for operations proactively to minimize issues
- Constantly reducing time to service deployment while increasing confidence in those deploys.
WHO YOU ARE
You are a person who cares deeply about the technical operations and the impact we as a team have on our customer's businesses. You understand the technology and can guide other groups on how they can best utilize the technology to achieve their goals because you know where the gaps often are between operations and developers. You also have a passion for ensuring that your team is continually growing on a personal level as well as on a technical level. You have a big picture view with a long-term mentality that enables you to prioritize work effectively while also ensuring that the immediate needs of the business are receiving the appropriate attention. Risk management, disaster recovery, and security are just a part of who you are. You are an avid technologist, keeping up to date with new technology to evaluate its impact on our organization. You will get your hands dirty and dive deep into technical details when necessary, but you encourage your team to be owners.
As a DevOps Engineering Manager at Braze you will be expected to have the following capabilities:
- 5-7+ years of DevOps / Sysadmin Management (or related experience with an increasing set of responsibilities)
- Proven ability in people management, strategic planning, risk management, change management, cost optimization, and project management
- History of growing and mentoring team members with a wide range of experience levels
- Self-motivated individual with excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strong cross-functional collaboration skills, relationship building skills, and the ability to achieve results across reporting chains
- High level of ownership and accountability for high-quality work, both personally and at a team level
- Resource allocation and management of multiple concurrent projects, some of which with competing priorities.
WHAT WE OFFER
Tech startup vibe including free daily lunches, snacks, and group events. Inclusive and diverse culture. Complete support from your teammates across all departments and a real “get it done” attitude for our customers. An opportunity to join a market leading company and have an impact.
- Excellent medical insurance and life insurance coverage for you and your dependents
- Matching 401K
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Daily lunches, snacks, and beverages
- Collaborative, transparent, collegial, and fun loving office culture
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work and life in the way that suits you best
In addition, this position is exempt under the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.