Hyperscience is a technology company blazing a new path in enterprise automation with a reimagined approach to building and powering processes. The Hyperscience Platform is the world's first Software-Defined, Input-to-Outcome Automation platform used by top public companies and government organizations around the world to build and run mission-critical processes with ease and speed.
Hyperscience helps enterprises quickly build and roll out new business processes with built-in automations, reduce manual errors, increase high- and low-skilled employee productivity, and eliminate the need for costly transformation. Hyperscience’s Intelligent Document Processing solution has been implemented at some of the world's leading financial services, insurance, healthcare and government organizations, including TD Ameritrade, QBE Insurance Group Limited and Voya Financial, helping them lower costs, reduce error rates by 67% and increase employee capacity by 10x.
Since its founding in 2014, Hyperscience has grown to more than 250 employees with offices in New York City, Sofia, Bulgaria, and London, UK, and has consistently been recognized as one of the best places to work, with a collaborative and innovative culture and best-in-class benefits.
As a DevOps Manager, you will be responsible for leading and running the Delivery Enablement squad, which is critical to the success of the engineering department.
Hyperscience is comprised of a large and growing engineering workforce. At this scale, we must solve problems through automation and effective operations. You will own the CI/CD infrastructure that’s a central part of our day-to-day life. Your team will continuously improve and make our SDLC a more reliable process through smart tooling. You will help manage and execute medium to long-term roadmap initiatives. You will be working with Product to iteratively improve our application deployment experience, which keen interest in supportability and user experience. You will be tasked with leading programs with cross-team and cross-company impact, where you will need to exhibit outstanding planning, coordination, and execution skills.
You will also be responsible for the development and growth of the Delivery Enablement squad members. You will serve as a strong mentor for your team. You will also partner with them to guide their career development and personal growth.
This is an exciting time for Hyperscience’s product and business. You will have the opportunity to influence and deliver on a bold vision for transforming the way organizations model and execute their business processes, and there will be many opportunities for growth along the way.
- Mentor and grow the existing team
- Lead improvements across all capabilities of the Delivery Enablement area
- Design and build effective, user-friendly infrastructure, tooling, and automation to accelerate operations at Hyperscience
- Collaborate with teams to drive the technical roadmap
- Collaborate with Engineers and Product Managers to develop tools to support build, test, bundle, and deployment operations
- Offer support and troubleshooting assistance for the engineering pipelines, while continuously improving stability along the way
- Build and maintain systems employing an Infrastructure-as-Code approach
- Own the CI/CD stack which comprises all pipeline and automation resources
- Establish standards and practices around operations, including governance, compliance, and data security
- Collaborate on managing infrastructure costs
- 6+ years of experience with DevOps
- Experience working with DevOps engineers to build tooling and automation to support the entire software development lifecycle, from local testing to production operations
- Hands-on experience with infrastructure as code technologies, such a Terraform
- Experience building and utilizing configuration management tools, such as Ansible
- Strong experience with CICD tech stack, standards, practices, and processes, including tooling and automation strategy and implementation to improve developer effectiveness
- Solid experience and demonstrable knowledge of source code management frameworks, processes, workflows, tools and best practices, 5+ years day-to-day working experience with Git will be expected
- Adequate knowledge of build systems, including but not limited to Make, Maven, Gradle, Sbt, Bazel, Grunt, Gulp, Webpack, etc.
- 3+ years of experience with AWS infrastructure, including strong architecture, infrastructure automation, and operational experience
- Deep understanding of Linux OS, particularly Ubuntu and RedHat
- Experience with Docker and other software packaging solutions
- Scripting experience with Bash and Python
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Previously been a manager for a small (2-4) engineering team
Nice to haves
- Experience with GCP and Azure
- Ideally, this position is in New York City, Toronto, or London, but working remotely is an option.
- Top notch healthcare for you and your family
- 30 days of paid leave annually to help nurture work-life symbiosis
- A 100% 401(k) match for up to 6% of your annual salary
- Stock Options
- Wellness stipend
- Pre-tax transportation and commuter benefits
- 6-month parental leave (or double salary to pay for your partner's unpaid leave)
- Free travel for any person accompanying a breastfeeding mother and her baby on a business trip
- A dependent care stipend up to $3,000 per month, per child, under the age of 21 for a maximum of $6,000 per month total
- Daily catered lunch, snacks, and drinks
- Budget to attend conferences, train, and further your education
- $1,000 one-time-use WFH stipend and $75 monthly WFH stipend
- Relocation assistance
We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.