Knotch is the Content Intelligence Platform that enables communications and marketing teams to measure, understand, and optimize content ROI across their digital efforts. Some of the world's largest brands such as JP Morgan Chase, Salesforce, AT&T, and Deloitte trust us to help them own their voice online, and we allow their customers to own theirs as well. This transparency and empowerment helps these communications become truly worthwhile for both creators and audiences. For more on Knotch's products, visit our website.
We’re proud of our team
We’ve been building our products since 2013, and our team has grown in size and in spirit. We recently ranked in the top 12% of fastest growing companies in America by Inc! Since the Covid-19 pandemic we’ve become remote-first, and we plan to stay that way. A flexible environment leads to a happy team as we’ve been named a Best Place to Work three years running by Built In NYC. If you’d like to speak with our recruiting team about the future of Knotch, feel free to connect with us on LinkedIn and learn about us further on our careers site.
Knotch's DevOps Manager
As Knotch’s DevOps Manager, you will be leading a team of high-performing engineers as well as an offshore team working across the entire platform to ensure its stability, security, reliability and scalability. This is a pivotal role that can make tremendous impact on how we grow as a company. Your DevOps efforts will help Knotch reach its highest level technologically; your keen sense of balance between best DevOps practices and managing business objectives is the key. You will work closely with and report directly to our VP of Engineering, Sekhar Vajjhala.
You'll be successful here if you possess
- Eight or more years of experience in DevOps
- Experience managing a team of three or more DevOps engineers on or offshore
- Cloud AWS experience with tools such as Docker, EC2, ECS, and Kubernetes
- Working knowledge of AWS configurations such as S3, EC2, and RDS, EBS, ELB, IAM, Route53, Cloudfront, Elasticache, and WAF
- Exposure to AWS toolkit solution including: AWS Lambda, Kinesis, CloudWatch, CloudFormation and SNS
- Demonstrated experience in AWS storage encryption, data at rest, and data in transit
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (IaC) using Terraform or similar technologies
- Hands on knowledge with Continuous Integration & Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) processes and tools like CircleCI or Jenkins
- Work history in assisting development teams to build and deploy micro services-based applications in public cloud with CI/CD tools and processes
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
You'll add value to Knotch by
- Ensuring production is running stable with high 9s availability
- Ensuring engineering scrum teams are productive with scalable and stable pre-production environments
- Working with cross-functional engineering and product leads
- Removing any unnecessary load to reduce costs for Knotch
- Remaining organized through diligent utilization of Jira and Confluence
- Providing support in Scrum ceremonies at the highest levels
- Running point during incidents being a partner with Incident Manager.
We also appreciate but don't require
- Experience with ReactJS, Ruby, Python 3, or similar languages
- Experience working with Elasticsearch or ELK
Knotch is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to provide equal opportunities in all of our processes, including our hiring and employee experience.
We pride ourselves on our three values: transparency, relentlessness, and inclusiveness.
We commit to daily work towards leading with empathy, reducing bias through periodic training, and engaging with and uplifting communities of marginalized groups.
We condemn all forms of racism and discrimination on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy or parenthood status, veteran status, disability status or any other identifier.
We encourage all employees, clients, investors, candidates, vendors, and friends of Knotch to deliver honest feedback directly or anonymously so that we may always seek to improve as an organization that is dedicated to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging.
Share your thoughts with us, and you will be heard.