Director, Cloud Platform & Operations at HUMAN
At HUMAN we are all about keeping it human. We are the global leader in bot mitigation. We protect more than 200 enterprises—including the largest internet platforms—from sophisticated bots by verifying the humanity of nearly one trillion online interactions every week. The most sophisticated bots look and act like humans when they click on ads, visit websites, fill out forms, take over accounts, and commit payment fraud. We stop them.
Founded in 2012 in a Brooklyn sci-fi bookstore, our Bot Mitigation Platform protects enterprises from the sophisticated bots that threaten them. It’s an ongoing war that we fight passionately every day. Join our mission to stop bots, disrupt the economics of cybercrime, and keep it human.
This team delivers tools and products that act as a platform for the rest of engineering and detection to focus and deliver on their missions more efficiently. It also is responsible for ensuring that all our systems and applications are running at required performance and availability according to the published SLAs.
We're looking for a Director, Cloud Platform & Operations to join our ranks to help us identify, plan, build and deliver the most impactful projects to drive our mission.What you will do:
- Understand organizational strategy and goals. Help the team understand decision criteria, so they can make prioritization decisions for their sprints and day to day work
- Develop the roadmap and OKRs, in conjunction with the other Technology leaders to implement solutions that will support the technology vision and architectural plan.
- Lead and develop a team of hardworking Cloud, Operations and DevOps professionals by hiring and retaining top talent
- Establish a DevOps culture with the appropriate observability, operational processes, and engineering practices for the team
- Build a healthy succession bench and foster a culture consistent with our brand, organizational values, user/customer focus, and passion for the web.
- Lead all aspects of technology infrastructure including platforms, networks, cloud servers, and systems vital for all operations with a perpetual eye on cost and security.
- Lead delivery of software that enables critical internal processes, such as continuous deployment, bot fraud investigation and data ingestion and processes
- Use your experience to help the team with critical architectural and delivery decisions
- Develop and participate in operations, release management, incident management, problem management, configuration management and change management processes
- Manage cloud infrastructure across multiple regions and cloud providers.
- Ensure performance and availability according to the published SLAs.
- Build and support the on-call team in responding to cloud incidents around the clock
- Create automation, tools, and technology to support the deployment and operation of our software and other commercial solutions.
- You have 4+ years of experience in a high tech infrastructure / operations management role
- You have extensive experience in AWS (or comparable cloud provider) stack
- You have experience in operations, release management, incident management, problem management, configuration management and change management processes
- You have the ability to build processes and policies to establish consistent best practices
- You have proven experience researching and implementing new technologies
- You are a servant leader - you understand that you are here to serve the team and make them successful.
- You reason from first principles and evaluate options rigorously.
- You lead by example.
- You are open, transparent, and work in tight collaboration with anyone.
- You are naturally curious and passionate about learning and growing your skillset.
- You have the ability, and more importantly, the passion to teach, coach, and mentor individuals and contribute frequently to educate the greater community.
- You have both breadth and depth of software engineering expertise.
- You have excellent verbal and written language skills, especially when talking about code and systems. You are comfortable communicating in a decentralized work environment and across organizations.
- Unlimited PTO
- Private medical and dental insurance for all full-time employees
- Fully paid parental leave
- Learning & Development fund
- Phenomenal coaching from senior leaders and challenging development opportunities
- Monthly internet, phone bill, and meal stipend to support working remotely during COVID-19
- Company-sponsored TalkSpace membership for you and your family
Our HQ office is located in the heart of New York City. We are growing the company deliberately with a keen eye towards maintaining values that embody diversity, lifestyle, and career growth. We are doing substantial work, and we need people to join our mighty team. We are proud of our overwhelmingly positive presence on Glassdoor and Built in NYC. We have offices located in NYC, DC, Victoria, and London.
We understand it takes a diverse team of passionate, curious, and creative people to solve the challenges involved in protecting the Internet. Our dynamic team of humans have incredible perspectives to share, just as we know you do, and we take great pride in being an equal opportunity workplace.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.