Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.We want people who are passionate about driving Service Excellence, Operational Efficiency and team member development.
Reporting to the Vice President of Customer Success and Support (CSS) this individual will lead the Developer Support, Customer Success Engineers and Upstack teams at Digital Ocean. They will be expected to coordinate with different teams within the organization including product, finance, systems, engineering and more to escalate long-standing issues and collaborate to resolve them. A good fit for the role will be a hard working individual who can lead by example and exhibit our values. Approaching and overcoming challenges with a data centric approach that informs the overall solution and ensures proper execution that’s both aligned with the overall goals of the Support organization and its mission to provide a top notch customer experience.What You’ll Be Doing
- Execute the Customer Support Strategy
- Ensuring adherence to IT Service Management and Delivery Best Practices
- Ensure any escalated issues are resolved quickly and with high customer satisfaction, and engaging with customers when needed
- Continue to speed up resolution times through accountability, enablement, launching tools, building processes and more
- Build a strong partnership with Product, Cloud Ops, Security and Engineering to raise issues quickly and fix/address long-standing and urgent issues
- Mentor, lead and grow a technical team across multiple locations and specialties
- Ensure proactive communication with the rest of Support, Product, Engineering and other relevant teams on metrics, changes, updates, etc.
- Planning of KPIs, Metrics and Team Efficiency / Productivity
- A hard worker who will roll up his/her sleeves and execute the department strategy
- Proven experience managing a technical support or professional services team
- Self driven and very high sense of ownership
- Proven technical knowledge in the following areas: Linux administration, DevOps, or Cloud Infrastructure Passion to help customers through simple and repeatable means
- Extensive experience building and or managing customer support teams, at a manager/senior manager level, or 3 years as a director of customer support (preferably in the IaaS, SaaS, Paas, DBaas space)
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced & high ticket volume environment
- Strong data analysis skills
- Detail oriented and well organized
- Can communicate complex issues/processes with simplicity
- Ability to communicate clearly with technical and non-technical teams
- Understands the customer experience impact of product decisions
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge, Palo Alto and Bangalore, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Department: Customer Support #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Customer Support team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!