Director Engineering - BSP at Peloton
The ideal candidate has proven design and build skills, passion for low-level systems software and device driver programming, hands-on experience working on Operating Systems at the lower layers from firmware to BSP, and experience with shipping hardware/software products. You are the kind of leader who has expertise building and managing high performance teams creating high reliable, robust, and performant systems software.
You have hands-on experience leading teams bringing up new hardware and software systems and have significant experience debugging and repairing complex, multi-component system level issues using a variety of OS and bus level debugging tools, e.g. USB/Logic analyzer/Ethernet protocol analyzers, kernel debuggers, OS event tracing infrastructure, etc.
- Manage a team of software engineers that builds low level OS stack for Peloton's device family.
- Build and lead team designing, implementing, debugging complex, system-level, multi-component issues that typically span across multiple layers from kernel to application.
- Manage engineers and help them develop their careers, assigning them to projects tailored to their skill levels, long-term skill development, personalities, and work styles.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with cross-functional hardware and software engineering teams.
- Champion engineering and operational excellence, establishing metrics and process for regular assessment and improvement.
- Set clear expectations and create a positive work environment based on accountability, in collaboration with the engineering and management teams.
- Work closely with dedicated recruiting staff to expand the team, including sourcing candidates, interviewing candidates, participating in conferences/events, and on-boarding new employees.
- Build and lead team designing and implementing device and bus drivers that operate efficiently in a constrained environment yet when pressed can efficiently deliver large volumes of data with low-latency and high-bandwidth.
- Understand software components from multiple partner teams, lead the integration of those components into the unified product code base, and drive their continued development.
- 7+ years of experience in managing engineering teams including hiring/termination and performance management.
- 10+ years of work experience architecting, developing, and launching software products and/or services.
- 10+ years of experience with Linux, Android, open-source software, or mobile SoCs.
- Experience shipping consumer products.
- Proven track record of building and supporting cross-functional teams.
- Experience supporting, coaching, mentoring, and developing engineers.
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively in cross-functional teams.
- Experience developing, debugging, and shipping software products on large code bases that span platforms and tools.
- Experience in managing managers & tech teams.
- Experience with low-latency, bandwidth and streaming hardware devices.
- Experience developing software for consumer electronics devices.
- Experience in one or more of the following: Android Kernel/Framework experience, linux kernel, ARM Platforms, power management, on-device firmware (MCU or DSP), device bring up and bootloaders, User Space/Core Services, BSP, Networking, Storage, Wireless, Security, Graphics, Audio.
- Experience working on multiple classes of drivers e.g., bus, block, wireless, display drivers
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 2.6 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.