We are looking for a Clinical Workflows Engineering Director to help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here is what you need to know about the role, our team, and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.
What You'll Do
In this role, you will lead an initiative of six engineering teams to equip physicians with the information and tools to deliver high quality care to America's oncology patients. Reporting to the Head of HC Engineering, you will provide technical management and guidance while working cross functionally to set the direction of the business line. In addition, you will also:
- Provide mentorship and career development to tech leads, managers, and software engineers
- Evangelize and hold the team accountable to define and promote technical best practices
- Coordinate work across multiple engineering teams, including dependencies outside the initiative
- Partner with Product, Design, Informatics, and Clinical Subject Matter Experts to define business outcomes and guide technical solutions towards those outcomes while ensuring patient safety and regulatory certification
- Partner with other engineering leaders to define and resource short and long term technical investments
This role is an opportunity to work in a highly collaborative organization making a positive impact on the cancer physician and patient experience.
Who You Are
You're a proven leader with experience leading engineering teams. You're excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You’re a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact.
- You have knowledge of production, cloud based, high availability software systems
- You are an amazing communicator and effective influencer
- You elevate the technical abilities of those around you
- You are excited about growing engineering talent and shaping Flatiron’s future technical leaders
- You understand and demonstrate the power of granting autonomy to teams and individuals
- You are comfortable with ruthless prioritization and can balance competing priorities of different stakeholders
- You are excited to spend your time driving a technical vision and strategy but can also dive into the details as necessary
If this sounds like you, you'll fit right in at Flatiron.
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
At Flatiron, we strive to build and maintain an environment where employees from all backgrounds are valued, respected and have the opportunity to succeed. You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) that encourage our employees to share their unique experiences and perspectives
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics