DIRECTOR, ENGINEERING DESIGN TOOLS & SYSTEMS, will be responsible for building, leading, and developing the engineering support team that manages Peloton’s hardware design tools and systems across multiple global sites, including Mechanical/Electrical CAD, ECAD, CAE/FEA, Product Data Management (PDM), and high-performance computing equipment. You will collaborate closely with Hardware engineering, Operations, IT, and Finance teams to implement software tools and systems in support of Peloton’s hardware development process. These systems will span from prototype development through manufacturing, enabling traceability of requirements, Bill of Materials management, and component lifecycle analysis.
In This Role, You Will
- Lead and build a team responsible for engineering design tools including:
- Mechanical and Electrical; Computer-aided design tools CAD, ECAD,
- Computer added Engineering tools; FEA, simulation tool
- Engineering document Product Data Management (PDM)
- High-Performance Computing equipment; selection, deployment
- Engineering Tools and systems training
- Work closely with Engineering and Business teams to implement customized workflows to support engineering data management solutions
- Collaborate with operations and IT to provide guidance over our PLM processes from an engineering perspective.
- Coordinate with IT to develop, deploy, and maintain PDM tools for teams across our global organization.
- Improve the workflow of CAD data within the Hardware team and with other teams within the organization
- Improve data management between Peloton and its external joint development partners
- Responsible for developing and implementing the onboarding and continued support process of new and current users of all engineering tools.
- Engage with suppliers and contract manufacturers to develop highly integrated design collaboration processes
- Rapidly grow the organization by hiring and developing talent
- Scale the organization by providing automation, tooling and data to drive
The Ideal Candidate Will Have
- 10+ years Leading a team responsible for engineering tools, product data management, product lifecycle management, and engineering systems.
- 5+ years experience managing teams
- Diverse industry experience and technical background
- Strong experience managing PTC Windchill, product data management tools, or similar.
- Experience leading teams across multiple time zomes
- Strong experience working in a new product development high volume environment
Location: New York or Santa Clara
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.