Director Engineering Firmware and Motor Controllers at Peloton
We are looking for an experienced Director of Engineering responsible to lead, develop and manage the multi-disciplined engineering teams. This individual will lead the staff through the complete project development process for complex electromechanical and embedded solutions.
- Plan and allocate appropriate engineering resources for projects and provide scheduling, man-power, asset allocation, budgets and estimates to complete programs by deadline.
- Continuously evolve a high performing engineering team aligned with the strategic objectives of the business.
- Provide career leadership and personal development for the engineering team.
- Interface and communicate with customers to understand their requirements, propose design alternatives, and resolve any product related issues.
- Create, track and report milestones to senior management throughout the product development life cycle, from early-stage feasibility through all design phases, up to and including qualification testing and transition to production.
- Provide status updates on the team's tasks and ensure on time completion. Evaluate missed targets and identify and address root causes such as training requirements, process and methodology improvements.
- Supports the hands-on development efforts associated with the advancement of Standard Product lines including Power Converters, Motor Controllers, DC, PMSM and BLDC Motors
- Establish and maintain internal design reviews and guidelines for product development and engineering designs.
- Establish engineering department goals, objectives, performance metrics, and initiatives to support corporate objectives.
- Formulate long-term objectives and standards of performance for the department. Assure that the department achieves objectives and project completion within budget and time frame.
- Create an atmosphere of innovation and design excellence while assuring maximum product safety, manufacturability and cost effectiveness.
- Maintain an awareness of the state of the art in motors, controllers, and power electronics design.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent education and/or combination of education or experience.
- Specific Experience with Power Electronics, Power Conversion and Electric Motors is recommended.
- Proven track record for successfully introducing new products into production through a structured NPI Process.
- Minimum 10+ years of progressive engineering management experience.
- Familiarity with Electro-mechanical products.
- Excellent time management, project management, planning and organizational skills to drive and motivate staff by setting priorities and systematically meeting deadlines and goals.
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple projects of varying size and scope.
- Strong Leadership skills and the ability to influence others within an interdisciplinary environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills that demonstrate the ability to express technical concepts clearly and concisely.
- Significant experience in analyzing business and technical requirements.
- Master’s Degree is preferred.
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.