Director of Engineering, Messaging & Automation at Braze
WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including Seamless, HBO, Disney, Urban Outfitters, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, tens of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 2 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Mobile Marketing Platforms in 2019. The company has also been named on the Forbes Cloud 100, Inc. Magazine’s 2019 Best Places to Work, and Crain's 2019 Best Places to Work in NYC lists.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
We’re looking for engineering leaders to tackle the significant engineering challenges we’re taking on this year, such as: architecting new iterations of critical components on both frontend and backend systems, building and optimizing for massive scale, and driving new AI/ML powered features.
You’ll start managing two teams, one directly and one via a manager who will report to you.
WHO YOU ARE
- 7+ years of professional experience with a strong track record of success
- Experience building foundational systems at scale and spearheading software projects that significantly advanced the goals of your organization.
- You’ve managed managers before and have strong processes for how to lead multiple teams.
- Leads by example. A track record of mentorship and growth of direct reports.
- Intellectually curious, passionate, and inventive. Strong ownership and drive.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work and life, including paid parental leave
- Free daily lunch in the office, including snacks and beverages
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun loving office culture
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.