Director of Engineering, Platform at Justworks
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
In order to serve our customers well for the ages to come, we are seeking for a leader who can create foundational experiences & technologies that becomes a force multiplier for product engineering organisations. The responsibilities include strengthening how our internal systems interact with each other through robust data strategy, bringing innovation through core UI/UX, Mobile and API through data driven thinking and disciplines, and scaling our core technologies thoughtfully through CI/CD and agile principles, to allow us to grow with confidence and for ages.
This role will require a good understanding of business operations as well as modern technology trends and architectural patterns. This highly impactful and visible role requires a leader who can build a long-term vision, drive execution, and establish credibility and influence across the organization. You are comfortable talking to business leaders using business vocabularies and also at ease talking to engineers about modern technologies. You understand what customers need today and you understand what we will need to do proactively to serve our customers in the future.
We expect the size of this group will grow significantly over time and this is a mission critical role.What You'll Do
Your mission is to bring forward-thinking strategies and execute them to the most critical areas of the Justworks’s future.
- Cultivate engineering culture based on Justworks’ core value (COGIS - Collaboration, Openness, Grit, Integrity, Simplicity)
- Grow, mentor and lead a team of talented managers and engineers.
- Lead the teams that focuses on creating unified and consistent experiences for the company,
- Proactively plan and execute scaling the technologies with Continuous Delivery as the first principle.
- Collaborate closely with business, product, design and other partners to improve efficiency of how we deliver product.
- Collaborate closely with business operation leaders to establish data engineering strategies to make us a strong data driven organization.
- Collaborate closely with advancing our security posture by improving identity management and adding deeper insights.
- Provide guidance and support growth in other engineers on the team and across other teams
- Bring new ideas to scale the engineering organization as a part of the senior engineering leadership group.
- Help define and communicate technical standards and best practices
- Enhance our testing, monitoring and continuous deployment infrastructure
- You are experienced in scaling a technology organization and growing teams.
- You are comfortable working with business and product partners in an agile environment.
- You have a deep empathy for customers, especially small business, and for your coworkers.
- You are not afraid of making changes but you do it thoughtfully.
- You have a gut feeling and vision but you also rely on data to back it up.
- You can talk about systems architecture and software development concepts from experience.
- You strive to learn new things and raise your own bar.
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Our DEI Commitment