We're on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—providing always-on alerting, metrics visualization, logs, and application tracing for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
The Resources Platform is a new data platform that allows customers to enrich their logs and traces and understand their infrastructure. This platform will be first of its kind within our company and there is high demand for it internally. While the technical challenges of building this service are exciting, the team is just as excited about the end result - helping to solve customer challenges. This is an opportunity to grow a major platform and have org-wide impact.
We are a globally distributed team with US Offices in New York (HQ), Boston, and Denver and International Offices in Paris, Dublin, London, Madrid, the Netherlands, and Singapore. About 33% of our engineering team are remote.
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand that not everyone will meet these requirements on day one. If you’re passionate about reliability engineering and want to grow these skills but don’t meet all of these qualifications, we encourage you to apply.
- Hire and grow a high performing group of engineers and leaders across 3 teams, with plans to continue doubling your headcount each year.
- Use your strong understanding of designing and architecting software to help direct and guide your team leads.
- Drive the product roadmap while incorporating requests from internal stakeholders.
- Work effectively with many product teams and see around corners to unblock your team.
- 10+ years of experience in software engineering, 5+ years of leadership experience.
- You have experience building a high-volume platform or service that has been successfully adopted by its users.
- You enjoy working with internal stakeholders and figuring out what is possible for your team to build and deliver successfully.
- You are passionate about Datadog customers and solving their problems with technology.
- You’ve worked at a company with high-scale query and storage systems, handling large amounts of real-time data.
- You have managed other people managers.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.