Our mission: to eliminate every barrier to mental health.
Spring Health is a comprehensive mental health benefit for employers. We help employees understand their mental health issues and connect with best-in-class providers to get the right treatment at the right time.
From early detection to full recovery, Spring Health is the only clinically validated solution in the market proven to be more effective than traditional mental healthcare. By combining the latest technology with vetted providers, we help engage 1 in 3 employees, reduce recovery times, and lower healthcare costs. We are an award-winning, passionate, and mission-driven team with the support of leaders in psychiatry. We have raised over $300 million to date from prominent investors including Kinnevik, Tiger Global, Northzone, RRE Ventures, Rethink Impact, Work-Bench, William K Warren Foundation, SemperVirens, Able Partners, True Capital Ventures, and a strategic investor Guardian Life Insurance. Thanks to their partnership, our current valuation has reached $2 billion.
We are looking for an experienced technology leader to join our team. You will help to define our product and engineering roadmaps and work as a part of a cross-functional product team to find elegant solutions to mental healthcare’s many problems. We are an award-winning, passionate, and mission-driven team with the support of leaders in psychiatry, and backed by prominent VCs including Rethink, RRE, and General Catalyst.
About the Role
Spring Health’s engineering team is growing rapidly, and we are looking to bring on two Engineering Directors to support the teams as we scale. The two roles we’re looking for are:
The Product Engineering Director will lead a series of cross-functional product engineering teams, focused on specific areas of the business. These autonomous teams included dedicated product managers, designers, engineering managers along with full stack engineers who build consumer-facing features across our web and mobile platforms.
The Platform Engineering Director will lead teams focused on platform engineering, infrastructure, and security. These teams consist of multidisciplinary engineers with goals like moving to a service-oriented architecture, achieving international scalability, and maintaining an exceptional security posture. These roles will report to the CTO of Spring Health.
What you’ll be doing:
- Provide technical leadership, mentorship, and guidance to a growing organization with 3+ engineering managers (or leads) and 20+ engineers
- Partner with product, business, and operations stakeholders on roadmaps, timelines, and technical strategy
- Partner with engineering leadership to set standards, technical vision, and uphold our workplace philosophy
- Champion engineering and operational excellence, establishing metrics for quality and velocity
- Communicate engineering successes while illustrating the business value of delivered capabilities. And you’ll translate business opportunities into engineering initiatives
- Work with executive leadership to set expectations. You’ll manage risks, dependencies and tradeoffs inevitable in complex project delivery
- Be a coach, thought partner, and sounding board. You will help your team build problem-solving skills by practicing reflective listening, asking good questions, and giving timely, direct and kind feedback and encouragement.
- Recruit, engage, and retain great problem-solvers and collaborators. You’ll be responsible for building diverse, inclusive teams, where everyone feels comfortable and safe being themselves at work.
What we expect from you:
- You have 10+ years of experience as an engineer or technologist
- 4+ years of management experience; We’ll want to hear how your reports developed and grew under your leadership, and how you made your work environment inclusive and psychologically safe.
- 2+ years managing engineering managers; You have a track record of coaching and mentoring engineering leaders on both technical and management tracks
- You have exceptional verbal and written communication skills. You should be able to explain your approach and the impact of your work to non-technical stakeholders in a way that is clear to them.
- You have the ability to attract talent and develop high performing teams. Proven recruiting experience as a hiring manager. You have experience hiring and growing senior leaders and managers
- You have a strong business acumen, and comfortable interacting with customers directly when needed
- You have the ability to balance business needs, a sense of urgency, and shipping high quality and pragmatic solutions
- You keep up with the industry trends and identify new tools to use to solve technical problems
Why you’ll like working at Spring Health:
- Big mission: we're revolutionizing the mental health industry
- The challenge: make a big impact by joining a fast-growing team in its early stages
- Good benefits: we offer health, dental and vision benefits as well as access to mental health care on Spring Health
- Great people: make an impact on something that truly helps people alongside an incredible team
- We care about diversity: diversity allows us to build an excellent patient experience. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
In addition to finding people who are truly excellent at what they do, we take our values at Spring Health seriously:
Members Come First We are genuine member advocates.
Move Fast to Change Lives We build with urgency and intention.
Take Ownership We extend trust and hold ourselves accountable.
Embrace Diverse Teams & Perspectives We find strength in the diversity of cultural backgrounds, ideas, and experiences.
Science Will Win We will achieve impact by innovation and evidence based frameworks.
Candor with Care We are open, honest and empathetic.
Spring Health is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable legal requirements. Spring Health is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.