KeyMe’s fleet of thousands of AI-enabled robotic kiosks support duplication of brass keys as well as sophisticated electronic keys such as RFID and vehicle transponder keys. Our kiosks are complemented by KeyMe locksmiths who provide unrivaled service quality for emergency lockouts and other skilled access and home services. Their unique placement makes them a strong platform for targeted advertising. Find them in trusted retailers (IKEA, Bed Bath & Beyond, Albertsons, Kroger, RiteAid, Menards, etc.) across the US.
KeyMe is reinventing the $12 billion locksmith services industry with advanced robotics and AI, building the world’s most trusted brand in access solutions. We’ve raised over $100M from top-tier investors like BlackRock, Comcast Ventures, and Battery Ventures. We are profitable and growing rapidly.
We’re seeking experienced and motivated leaders to help solve interesting engineering problems to open doors for our customers.
Our Engineering teams cover a huge surface area:
- Computer Vision and Machine Learning tell us how to cut keys.
- Low-level device management and higher-level subsystems process our orders and collect payment.
- Selection and validation of new hardware for the constant job of evolving our fleet of kiosks.
- Unique UX of interacting with a kiosk to copy a physical key and purchase a locksmith service.
- Backend fleet command system that remotely administers kiosks and helps us scale.
- Order management system that ensures we securely handle customers’ money and data.
- Internal tools that power our mail-order key business.
- Multi-sided marketplace that connects locked-out customers with human locksmiths who can perform complex jobs for them on-demand.
- Infrastructure to make sure all of the above functions correctly and at scale.
- CI/CD pipeline that keeps it easy to write and deploy code here.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Lead and motivate team(s) of engineers, and manage their objectives, activities and deliverables.
- Own system design, team structure and implementation schedule.
- Assess technologies & products to determine and/or recommend vendors & partners.
- Work with CTO and other senior leadership to set engineering objectives.
- Work with peers in Engineering and across departments to implement cross-functional projects.
How We Know You Can Do It:
- Strong CS fundamentals, and hands-on experience in at least one of our major languages-- Python3, Haskell, Ruby, C
- Proven track record leading teams to accomplish lofty goals while keeping quality, tradeoffs and individuals’ career paths top of mind
- Experience shipping consumer facing products
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills with technical and non-technical folks
Bonus Points if You Have Experience With:
- Distributed systems / microservices experience
- IPC architecture
- Docker / Kubernetes
- Computer Vision, Signal Processing, Machine Learning
- Embedded development
- USB devices
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401K plan w/ match
- Stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- Hacker Fridays
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Commuter Benefits
- Snacks and drinks in the office
- Casual dress