At Paxos, we are creating the infrastructure for a new, open financial system - one that anyone can access and participate in, and that operates efficiently. There are billions of people in the world who are unbanked or underbanked, and trillions of dollars that are locked up because of the inefficiencies of the legacy system. We envision a new system that allows any asset to move instantaneously, anywhere in the world - to unlock the potential of assets and people everywhere. Our customers include some of the biggest enterprises in the world like PayPal, Credit-Suisse and Societe Generale, and together we are upgrading the global financial system using modern blockchain and crypto technology.
We are looking for a Director of Engineering to join our rapidly growing engineering organization. Your direct reports will include about 3 engineering managers, each with teams of 6 to 8 engineers. As a Director, you will lead the multiple engineering teams to accelerate our growth. A commitment to teamwork, hustle, and healthy communication are among the defining traits of Paxos executives.
This role will be reporting directly to our VP of Engineering.
- Build, develop and manage multiple engineering managers and team(s) to ensure successful delivery of roadmap initiatives
- Foster a culture of creating reliable products and best coding practices
- Provide ongoing technical guidance and mentorship to engineering managers and engineers
- Be a thought partner to other departments and leaders; collaborate closely with Product leaders on roadmap
- Define and deliver insights/metrics focused on the overall value and performance of engineering teams
- 5+ years in engineering management with managing teams of up to 20 engineers
- Experience managing engineering managers and leaders
- Proven track record in building and attracting strong, diverse engineering talent to organizations
- Exceptional communication skills with extensive experience communicating to non-technical stakeholders
- Experience leading agile software teams and managing multiple projects to ensure successful delivery
- Computer science degree (or equivalent)
What We Offer:
- Competitive salaries and flexible work life balance
- Equity share in a growing business
- Unlimited PTO
- A full slate of benefits coverage including: medical, dental, vision, and pre-tax commuter benefits, gym reimbursements
Other than these qualifications, we're hoping to bring someone on board who loves what they do and can't wait to join an amazing team!
Paxos is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, color, race, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical and mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
Who we are: We are a diverse group of individuals with backgrounds and experience in banking, startups, tech giants, and big-five consulting firms. We currently have about 150 employees across offices in New York, London and Singapore and have big plans for our growth. We’re looking for collaborative, creative, hard-working and intellectually curious people to help us make our vision a reality.
Why we matter: Paxos is the only technology company building financial services solutions that both customers and regulators can trust. We’re committed to pushing the boundaries of technology while also working with important stakeholder groups so we can build a financial system that is open and accessible to anyone around the world.
Who are our customers: Our customers run the gamut from individuals seeking access to digital assets and those who don’t want to be tied to a physical banking system, to large institutions seeking to improve their settlement infrastructure. Some of our clients today include big names like PayPal, Credit Suisse, Societe Generale, Macquaire, INTL FCStone and Virtu.
How we work: Paxos is driven by our four values. We believe that every Paxos employee is an owner, and employees consistently search for the truth in their work. We also believe in real-time candor and a shared commitment to excellence. These values are ingrained in everything we do and influence how we communicate and collaborate as an organization.
Why we are a great place to work: Paxos has been consistently named a Best Place to Work by BuiltIn. We offer all of the usual startup stuff like healthy snacks, coffee, and ping pong but we also offer generous healthcare coverage, PTO, and family leave. (We want employees to care for themselves both in and out of office.) In addition to the benefits and perks, Paxos offers employees the chance to have a real and measurable impact on a growing business: what you do today directly influences the Company goals. As a result, we enable every employee to substantially grow their careers.
Learn more about us:
The Paxos Blog
Paxos Raises $142MM Series C
The Future of Paypal and Paxos Partnership
Unchained Podcast: Paxos’s Partnership With PayPal
Paxos in 2020: A Year in Review
Most Influential in 2020 CEO Feature