Thirty Madison is building the premier healthcare company for people with chronic health issues. Through our novel approach to care delivery, powered by our proprietary platform and brands built around specific chronic conditions, we combine the best of specialist-level healthcare with the convenience of telemedicine.
In just three years, we've built four brands on top of our platform: Keeps (for men's hair loss), Cove (for migraine), Evens (for acid reflux), and our newest brand, Picnic (for allergies). We're growing rapidly, recently raised a $47m Series B, and are backed by some of the best healthcare and consumer investors, including Polaris Partners, Johnson & Johnson, Maveron, Northzone, First Round, and Greycroft, among others.
This year, we are honored to be included on Built In's 2021 list of Best Places To Work in New York City and Best Midsize Companies To Work For. This recognition is a true testament to our hardworking team and company culture. As we continue to grow, we pride ourselves on finding passionate individuals who truly embody our core values and mission each and every day.
You will have the opportunity to be a generalist or specialist based on your interest and rapidly become a key part of a lean, but powerful and very fast-moving engineering team.
- Be a senior technical leader for the engineering organization in guiding full stack, cross functional initiatives including a move towards microservices, developing a next-gen frontend framework for new brands, and improving developer experience.
- As Director of Engineering, you will have the opportunity to manage a team of 5 - 10 people and work closely with them to build out career pathing through 1:1s, performance reviews, and advocating for raises and promotions.
- Work closely with the Head of Engineering to develop a strong engineering culture at Thirty Madison that embodies our mission of delivering modern, high quality, and accessible health care services.
- Lead our resourcing, recruiting, and hiring processes by establishing best practices and training team members to be effective interviewers.
- Mentor and coach software engineers through 1:1s and performance evaluations.
- Be a connector across engineering teams to drive sound technical and architecture decisions that help effectively scale our products.
You’re the right person for this role if you:
- You are a positive, inspiring, and supportive leader; a nurturer of talent
- You have extensive experience over several years at different companies, leading and managing teams, including distributed teams
- You have been a part of shipping several successful products, ideally across domains
- You know how to balance team morale, while continuing to execute against aggressive deadlines.
- You have experience managing multiple stakeholders and pushing back on items that are not high priority.
- You are an excellent communicator and can provide non-technical explanations for highly technical projects.
- You have a track record of growing teams, understand the challenges, and have executed on proven solutions.
These are unprecedented times and we understand COVID-19 is impacting everyone differently. Our primary goal from the beginning of the pandemic has been to ensure employee safety. We went from optional to mandatory work-from-home very quickly in early March, and we have told employees that they can work remotely through July 2021 to allow them to plan accordingly.
We have also rolled out several initiatives to help our team successfully navigate the uncertainty associated with COVID-19. These initiatives have included providing funds for home office improvements, medical reimbursements, free meditation/mindfulness tools, mandatory “Me Days” away from work, company-wide Refresh days off, and fun opportunities to connect live with teammates each week (such as virtual escape rooms). We continue to examine different benefits, tools, and processes that best support our employees as we continue to work remotely and eventually begin transitioning back to the office.Benefits for full-time Thirty Madison employees:
- Competitive salary, equity, and career development opportunities
- 100% coverage on many health, dental, and vision insurance plans
- 401k with a match, commuter benefits, and FSA
- Budget for the technology tools you need — whether it’s a laptop, monitor, or special software
- Annual $750 vacation stipend and $750 wellness allowance
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions. Please contact us to request accommodation.