Director, Field Security
We're ushering in the era of Data Intelligence.
We’re shaping the way companies manage data by helping customers connect the right data, insights, and algorithms for all Data Citizens. When everyone across the organization is enabled with data, true transformation can take place. We are building a team of exceptional people to help us deliver on that promise. If you are interested in a career at the leading edge of technology, we look forward to hearing from you.
How you'll make an impact at Collibra:
Collibra is seeking an experienced security evangelist leader to join the Collibra Security Office (CSO). This role will be spent supporting our prospective and existing customers as they move to the cloud for their data governance, catalog, and privacy needs. With data becoming the new most valuable resource, companies are leveraging Collibra’s data intelligence platform to power their data’s value in an efficient way.
A day in the life of a Director, Field Security at Collibra:
This “Delta Force” operates with integrity, precision, and communicates efficiently. You’ll be reporting directly to the Chief Information Security Officer, and will be responsible for a wide range of tasks, including:
- Establishing Collibra’s Field Security office: from SLAs, to rules of engagement, building relationships, and outlining and improving field and security processes, the Field Security Organization is yours to design
- Working hand-in-hand with the rest of the CSO and greater teams such as sales, legal, product, and marketing on security related matters
- Collaborating with prospective and existing customers and partners to answer questions related to the security of Collibra’s cloud offering
- Working closely with the field teams to provide insight into Collibra’s security program and roadmaps.
- Supporting customer inquiries, questionnaires, reviewing contracts, answering questions and conducting security calls are all part of the day to day
- Hiring, training, and retaining, and growing a world-class team of Field Security experts, aligned by region to support Collibra’s Field Sales teams
- Leveraging your diverse security knowledge and background to help improve and communicate Collibra’s security strengths to the world
- Presenting thought leadership at conferences (data and security alike); leading internal discussions about security and data
- Engage with PR team for various press and media opportunities
- Miscellaneous security tasks, including supporting the team during security incidents and investigations, working with broad teams to advance the security posture of Collibra, and helping dispel cloud technology myths and lore
- 10+ years IT/Security experience across a wide range of disciplines
- 5+ years experience with Cloud Security, ideally supporting an “as a service” product
- Expert presentation and communication skills (strong in customer-facing situations)
- Experience in contract reviews and processes
- Strong Security incident handling and remediation knowledge
- Desired certifications include: CISSP, CISM, CEH, or similar
- Strong knowledge and proficiency with security operations and engineering
- Self-motivated and driven with an ability to execute with little supervision
- A security leader and excellent collaborator/teammate
- A friendly, rapidly growing environment where your input is valued and growth is fostered
- Ongoing opportunities to collaborate with fellow Collibrians globally
- Flexible hours = quality > quantity
- Bi-monthly catered lunches. Never go hungry again!
- Did we mention happy hour?
- Spacious brand new offices in NYC
- A state-of-the-art laptop for work
- And of course, a competitive salary with a strong benefits package