Director of Front-end Engineering
Group Nine Media is one of the world's largest digital-first media companies and the #1 publisher on Facebook Watch, boasting over 5 billion monthly video views [source: Crowd platform specific analytics modules] and reaching 81% of U.S. adults in their 20s [source: Nielsen]. With over 120 million social engagements each month [source: ListenFirst Media], Group Nine's brands are built for consumption on the platforms where young people spend the majority of their time. Group Nine is home to NowThis (the no. 1 most watched social news brand in the world), The Dodo (the no. 1 animal brand on social), Thrillist (the most trusted digital brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment) and Seeker (the digital leader in science and curiosity). Group Nine recently acquired Emmy nominated, Cannes Lion and Sundance Film Festival award-winning production studio, JASH.te
We are looking to hire a Director of Front-end Engineering to join our Tech team here at at Group Nine Media in New York, NY. This person will lead the company's web and consumer-facing efforts, and to help develop the next iteration of our mature media platform.
- Oversee all areas related to client-facing architecture, including website code repositories, overall code quality and standards, technical assessment and delivery.
- Collaborate closely with other senior members of the Technology and Product management team, as well as Back-End, QA, Ad Ops, DevOps and product owners to ensure we're building a bug-free, stable, and performant content and utility platform.
- Work daily with other department stakeholders in Group Nine to gather requirements.
- Communicate and negotiate with outside vendors to manage 3rd party services that integrate into our systems.
- Manage a team of engineers to help them grow as employees at a digital media company, and help increase their technical proficiency.
- Evaluate new technologies and vendors, as well as provide subject matter expertise to deliver an exceptional user experience.
- Write highly reusable, maintainable, testable and efficient code.
- Perform code reviews and review technical requirement documents to ensure best technical and code standards as adhered to.
- Help standardize and improve Technology recruiting efforts in order to help us hire the best team possible.
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or a directly related field, plus three years of engineering experience at a digital media company.
We offer great benefits such as medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), PTO, company paid AD&D, Life Insurance, Short-term & Long-term disability, and much more!
The salary range for this position: $186,000 - $204,000
Group Nine Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
Group Nine Media is also a participant in e-verify.