You will be joining a company that creates positivity, community, and fitness with technology. In this role you will recruit and lead a team to provide technical expertise in hardware systems and technologies core to the Peloton experience.
Your team will create technology roadmaps, develop core IP, prototype new concepts and experiences, benchmark products, build labs and test capability to define and validate KPIs across the roadmap.
You will support NPI project development to ensure world class performance across key areas, including Audio, Wireless, Display, Camera and Motor Control.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Recruit and manage a team of Subject Matter Experts
- Build test systems and labs
- Benchmark products
- Work with external vendors and partners to develop technology roadmaps
- Develop new technologies and IP ahead of program execution
- Prototype and develop new concepts
- Create and validate KPIs for new products in development
- Support new product development with guidance, design reviews, testing and problem solving
- Collaborate closely with Electrical & Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Design, Software, Content, Operations and Product Management to bring innovative products to market
- Provide coaching and mentorship for team members
KEY QUALIFICATIONS OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Masters Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Physics
- 8 - 15+ years experience as a hardware engineer
- 5 - 10+ years experience as a people manager
- Consumer products experience- completed at least two product life cycles
- Subject Matter Expertise in at least one key area - Audio, RF, Power, Motor Control, Display, Camera
- Cross-functional experience in Hardware, Software, Reliability and Manufacturing
- Understanding of Hardware systems, including wireless, batteries, platforms, displays, audio and power management, firmware
- Experience working with development and manufacturing partners in Asia
- Experience with technical document writing
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses and retail showrooms in the US, UK and Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 and Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.