Director of Information Security
Want to help people get the financial protection they need — and feel confident in their choices? Policygenius is a NYC-based tech startup that makes it easy to compare and buy all types of insurance online. Since 2014, we’ve become the nation's leading insurance marketplace, raising over $52 million of venture capital and helping more than 5 million people get vital coverage for their families.
We're growing rapidly and looking for people with grit, great attitudes and creative problem-solving skills to join our powerhouse team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of INC's best workplaces two years in a row!
About the role…
Are you passionate about partnering with business stakeholders and building the security competency within an organization? Do you enjoy developing and evangelizing security vision? We’re looking for a strategic and experienced Information Security leader who will bring this competency in house and build our path forward.
As the Director of Information Security at Policygenius, you will be the driving force and thought leader in this space for the company. You will audit each department’s practices and create and implement the strategy and tactics that will help us reduce risk as we scale.
- Build our short and long term information security strategy as well as tactically set objectives and create initiatives that move us towards that ultimate vision
- Establish a culture of security, where every individual is aware of standards and collectively work together to uphold them
- Devise training programs that teach both physical and cyber security risks and mitigation tactics
- Evangelize changes to policies and procedures on a regular basis to create broad alignment among employees and leaders
- Partner with our engineering team to make sure that new products are held to a high security standard
- 7+ years of experience in the information security field; 3+ years in a strategic leadership role
- Experience creating and driving information security strategy at a growing company, including conducting security trainings, rolling out process improvements and counseling leadership around security risks
- A track record of forging partnerships with and presenting to key stakeholders
- Strong communication skills and the ability to comfortably articulate your thoughts and decisions
- Comfort with reviewing web and cloud based architectural designs
- Experience prioritizing initiatives and communicating ROI
- The ability to thrive in a startup environment
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship
- Some fun surprises when you join… (Shhh… It’s a secret!)