Founded in 2017, Ro is a patient-driven telehealth company that puts you in control of your health. We’re patients, just like you, building technology to make healthcare accessible, affordable, and maybe even enjoyable. Ro powers three digital health clinics -- Roman for men’s health, Rory for women’s health, and Zero for fighting smoking addiction -- as well as Ro Pharmacy, a simple and affordable online pharmacy where every medication is $5 per month. The company’s nationwide networking of physicians and pharmacies provides a personalized, end-to-end healthcare experience from online treatment to the delivery of medication and ongoing care. Ro was named #2 in Wellness on Fast Company’s 2019 list of the World’s Most Innovative Companies, and listed by Inc. Magazine as a Best Place to Work in 2020.
Our infrastructure teams help strengthen the foundation of Ro’s technology, underpinning the efficiency, reliability, and security unlocking the potential of our feature squads. We’re looking for a Director of Engineering to influence the opportunity to grow, scale, and strategize new developments across Site Reliability, Developer Workflow, Observability, Data Infrastructure, and Data Security & Storage. You thrive in a fast-paced, hyper-growth environment, ready to make an impact while leading with empathy along the way.
What You'll Do:
- Lead engineering teams to improve and consistently deliver software within the Infrastructure team
- Influence change and deliver sustainable technical and architectural decisions to improve efficiencies across the board
- Build a strong foundational relationship within and across teams, leading by example and embodying Ro’s core values of relentlessness, empathy, curiosity, effectiveness, and magic
- Act as a bridge between other squads and departments such as Product, Design, Data, Finance, and Security
- Advocate for technical engineering excellence and guide career growth development for team members
What You'll Bring:
- 10+ years of leading and developing growth around infrastructure, software development, and/or platform operations
- Ability to lead an organization with data-driven results in mind
- Highly proficient technical knowledge of current tools and best practices at scale
- Strong communication skills to effectively and transparently communicate and mobilize all levels and functions at Ro
- Quick to adapt and focus on prioritizing needs and problem solving (both technical and non-technical)Track record of success in designing, implementing, and executing scalable engineering teams
Benefits + Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance + OneMedical membership
- Healthcare and Dependent Care FSA
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Fitness reimbursement
- Paid maternity/parental leave
- The cutest office dog you’ve ever seen
We welcome qualified candidates of all races, creeds, genders, and sexuality to apply.
Read Full Job Description