Ro is the healthcare technology company building a patient-centric healthcare system. Ro’s vertically integrated primary care platform powers a personalized, end-to-end healthcare experience from diagnosis, to delivery of medication, to ongoing care. With a nationwide provider network, in-home care API, and proprietary pharmacy distribution centers, Ro seamlessly connects telehealth, diagnostics, and pharmacy services to provide high-quality, affordable healthcare without the need for insurance. Since 2017, Ro has facilitated more than six million digital healthcare visits in nearly every county in the United States, including 98% of primary care deserts. Visit Ro.co for more information.
Ro was named #2 in Wellness on Fast Company’s 2019 list of the World’s Most Innovative Companies, listed by Inc. Magazine as a Best Place to Work in 2020, and earned its Great Place to Work Certification in 2020.
Our infrastructure teams help strengthen the foundation of Ro’s technology, underpinning the efficiency, reliability, and security unlocking the potential of our feature squads. We’re looking for a Director of Engineering to influence the opportunity to grow, scale, and strategize new developments across Site Reliability, Developer Workflow, Observability, Data Infrastructure, and Data Security & Storage. You thrive in a fast-paced, hyper-growth environment, ready to make an impact while leading with empathy along the way.
What You'll Do:
- Lead engineering teams to improve and consistently deliver software within the Infrastructure team
- Influence change and deliver sustainable technical and architectural decisions to improve efficiencies across the board
- Collaborate and build a strong foundational relationship within and across teams, embodying Ro’s core values of relentlessness, empathy, curiosity, effectiveness, and magic
- Act as a bridge between other squads and departments such as Product, Design, Data, Finance, and Security
- Advocate for technical engineering excellence and guide career growth development for team members
What You'll Bring:
- 10+ years of experience developing growth around infrastructure, software development, and/or platform operations
- Highly proficient technical understanding of current tools and best practices at scale
- Strong communication skills to effectively and transparently communicate and mobilize all levels and functions at Ro
- Quick to adapt and focus on prioritizing needs and problem solving (both technical and non-technical)Track record of success in designing, implementing, and executing scalable engineering teams
Benefits + Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance + OneMedical membership
- Healthcare and Dependent Care FSA
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Fitness reimbursement
- Paid maternity/parental leave
- The cutest office dog you’ve ever seen
We welcome qualified candidates of all races, creeds, genders, and sexuality to apply.