We are looking for a bright, energetic and seasoned Director of Platform Engineering to join our team at Conductor and lead our DevOps and CICD teams. These teams work directly with the Engineering organization and provide support to both the development effort and our platform. They are responsible for all of our production systems, including metrics, monitoring and alerting systems, and are continually pushing our continuous integration, delivery, and deployment solutions to the next level. This role will have a direct impact on our ability to help meet the needs of our customers and elevate the Engineering team to new levels.Our Engineering Values
- Collaboration: We believe that engineers do their best work when working together in cohesive teams.
- Excellence: We believe in doing things the "right way" rather than the "fast way", and holding ourselves to a high standard of excellence.
- Growth: We believe engineers do their best work when they are constantly growing, learning, and changing.
- Communication: We believe in combining empathy with openness and honesty to set clear expectations and hold each other accountable.
- Impact: We believe we're making the world a better place by empowering marketers to really help their customers rather than just sell stuff.
- Manage and lead two teams of extremely motivated and driven individuals
- Provide career growth, mentorship and leadership to members of the team
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the Engineering organization to educate, evangelize and drive initiatives
- Define a vision and quarterly roadmaps for the team
- Regularly assess the health of architecture and systems and advocate for upgrades and improvements as needed
- Identify areas for cost optimization and reduction
- Participate in software design reviews with product management and feature teams
- Work directly with the InfoSec team to collaborate on security initiatives and maintain certifications
- Contribute directly to projects as needed and occasionally drive projects on the team
- 7+ years of experience leading infrastructure teams in defining visions and strategies
- 7+ years managing and operating SaaS applications in production environments
- Proficient in Java, experience with other programming languages (Go, Scala, Python, etc.) is a plus
- Experience managing production Kubernetes environments at scale
- Experience with Terraform, or other methods of writing infrastructure as code
- Experience with AWS services like EC2, RDS, IAM, SQS
- Experience with Ansible, or some form of configuration management tooling
- Experience with database operations with Cassandra, MySQL or other relevant NoSQL and RDBMS technologies
- Experience with SSO technologies like Oauth2, SAML or LDAP
- Working knowledge of software development and testing best practices
- Experience setting up and building continuous integration and deployment solutions like Jenkins, TeamCity, Spinnaker, etc.
- Familiarity with building and releasing software in an agile development environment
At Conductor, we are looking for engaged and passionate engineers that can raise the bar. There is a tremendous opportunity here to have immediate impact in the day-to-day and affect the company's success and growth. We all share in the same values and push each other to meet these standards.
We are made up of a diverse group of people from all backgrounds and include a team of exceptional engineers in Kyiv as well. Wherever you are from, you will find a common ground here for continuing to push forward your career and make a difference in this industry.
We'd love to hear from you if you're inspired by Conductor's mission to be customer first and people first. Our team is pioneering, collaborative, and passionate about helping people together through meaningful content and marketing strategies. Conductor, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.About Conductor
Conductor Searchlight helps marketers create and optimize content to improve visibility online. The technology generates customer intent insights that lead to compelling content, increased traffic, and higher organic marketing ROI. Customizable dashboards and workflows guide marketers through the content creation process, empowering them to measure, refine, and demonstrate the effectiveness of their SEO and content marketing efforts.
In addition Conductor offers a suite of services and support including site audits, site migrations, and managed services that empower in-house marketing teams and digital marketing agencies to drive results and put their customers' needs first.
Conductor's forward-thinking customers include global and emerging enterprise brands like Citibank, Salesforce, ClassPass, and WeWork.