Director, Product Security at Gemini
Help Us Build the Future of Money
Gemini Trust Company, LLC (Gemini) is a licensed digital asset exchange and custodian. We built the Gemini platform so customers can buy, sell, and store digital assets (e.g., Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Zcash) in a regulated, secure, and compliant manner.
Digital assets and blockchain technology have the power to transform the world for good. This truth, along with our core values, form the bedrock of our company and culture. At Gemini, no job is too small and no project too big as we endeavor to build the future of money. We are a mission-driven, team-based, inclusive, and determined community of thought leaders who invest in each other and the long game. Join us in our mission!
The Department: Security
In the emerging industry of digital assets, there is nothing more important than trust (which is why Gemini’s very first hires were Security experts). The Gemini Security team forms the backbone of all that we do and is as diverse as the number of challenges we tackle in the crypto space. From security architecture and engineering to maintenance of cold storage systems and data centers to cybersecurity and litigation support, our team ensures that our customers, clients, and employees are safe, secure, and supported.
The Role: Director, Product Security
Gemini is searching for a Director, Product Security to join our growing security team. In this role, you will be part of a team responsible for helping our engineers build secure code and lead the development of security related features in Gemini's platform.
This role is located in our office in New York City and reports directly to the Chief Security Officer.
- Create and execute on a product security strategy designed to improve the quality and security of Gemini’s platform.
- Develop a program to educate engineers about secure development practices.
- Work with team members to model threats in order to help engineers make more informed decisions and better prioritize features
- Lead the development of tools that make it easier to ship secure code and harder to ship insecure code.
- Manage internal and external security assessments of the Gemini platform and internal applications.
- Lead a dedicated group of engineers to prioritize and develop security features within the Gemini platform.
- Develop and share research in the area of product security and vulnerability management.
- Manage the work and career growth of team members, comprising both application security engineers and developers.
- At least 8+ years of experience in application security
- Experience building and breaking production-quality software
- Ability to accurately weigh security risks against business operations and goals
- Have implemented or overseen the implementation of automated or otherwise highly scalable application security solutions
- Have security experience across a wide range of domains, including web and mobile applications, cloud environments, Linux, cryptography, secrets management, and authentication and access controls within an organization
- Experience finding vulnerabilities in real-world applications and guiding their remediation
- Experience with Scala, Python, or C++
- Have published security research such as vulnerability or CTF write-ups
- Experience with infrastructure security
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive base salaries across all departments
- Ownership in the company via profit sharing units
- Amazing benefits, 401k match contribution, and flexible hours
- Snacks, Perks, Wellness Outings & Events
Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.