Renting a home is the world's oldest subscription service. People spend thousands of dollars every month for an experience that is outdated, inconvenient, analog, impersonal, and leaves a lot to be desired. Latch is working to make every building better, and while we've methodically executed this mission since our founding with great success, we're just getting started.
Leveraging our knowledge from companies like Apple, BCG, and IDEO, we’ve rethought how people interact with space. Latch delivers a full-building operating system designed to help owners, residents, and third parties like guests, couriers, and service providers, seamlessly experience the modern building. We’ve done this by combining software, devices, and services into a holistic platform that makes spaces more efficient, enjoyable, and profitable.
The next chapter of the Latch story will be our most exciting yet, and we’re looking for more talented team members to help fuel our growth.
Latch is seeking a Director of Engineering who is looking to implement a culture of quality into our development process. These systems are distributed, offline first, and support hundreds of thousands of users a day across seven hardware products, four software applications, and a wide variety of mobile devices. This critical building infrastructure requires the engineering team to consider quality and operational capability at every turn.
This role is expected to not only lead our quality teams, which will be responsible for verifying and validating all new software and firmware features that we ship, but to build a culture of quality through process and automated solutions. Heavy partnership will be required with our development and reliability teams to ensure quality throughout our ecosystem. This role must focus heavily on automation opportunities and strategies to drive efficiency, which will enable Latch to rapidly ship new features and chase new opportunities.
- Develop a scalable QA strategy which increases test efficiency and product quality
- Lead and grow a team to validate and verify new and existing features through automated testing
- Develop an automated testing suite to minimize manual testing requirements
- Monitor field telemetry to understand the quality of a product or feature over time
- Work with other Engineering and Product teams to define success criteria for products and features
- Work with our Security and Privacy teams to ensure the integrity of our products and services
- Responsible for building a relationship with internal development teams
- Responsible for working with our hardware development teams to validate products during qualification
- 8+ years of software, firmware, or other relevant engineering experience
- 5+ years of automation experience with a combination of (hardware devices, server side software, embedded devices running bare metal, RTOS or Linux, mobile application) for validation and verification testing
- 2+ years of experience working with a distributed hardware/software/firmware fleet of 50k+ devices
- Experience automating mobile applications iOS and Android
- Experience automating mobile (iOS / Android) applications, web applications, and REST/gRPC APIs
Founded in 2014, Latch now has 300+ team members working to make spaces better places to live, work, and visit. Over half of our team members work in product development roles, and our team leverages established expertise in over 55 professional disciplines.
We offer unlimited Paid Time Off, a comprehensive benefits package, mental health support, and an environment where employees are surrounded by creative, empowered, and dynamic peers.
In conjunction with our core values: Contagious Determination, Humility, Trust, Inclusion, Action with Intent, and Privacy, we approach our work with care and a sense of duty, to make the world a better space.
We embrace diversity and strive to create an inclusive and equitable environment for all.
Applicant Privacy Notice