Director of Quality - Hardware
New York (Headquarters)
Latch is looking for a senior leader to consolidate and develop the quality function for all of our product lines. The ideal candidate is a seasoned engineer with an appreciation for balancing product quality and customer satisfaction with the capabilities and costs associated with maintaining stable supply and pushing new features. Comfortable in software and hardware, you have a passion for understanding the whole stack, and are capable of building and mentoring teams in each discipline. In this role, you will serve as the voice of the customer for Latch, bringing an independent view to questions of what can ship, a focus to our quality metrics, and a vision for the goals we should set to continuously improve our hardware devices.
You will consolidate our reliability, supplier quality, and product quality functions to be directly responsible for new product test plans, lifetime modeling, supplier issue resolution, and ultimately the delivered quality of all of our hardware products.
Smart access isn’t about locking doors, it’s about opening up new possibilities. Latch is the world’s first fully integrated hardware and software system dedicated to bringing seamless access to every door in a modern building. We’re looking for the curious and the creative to join our team and help us continue to change the way we access our most valued spaces.
Skills and Experience:
- BS/MS/PhD in Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
- 15+ years in product design, electronics.
- 5+ years managing cross-functional teams in software & hardware, and firmware.
- General understanding of software design, architecture, data-structures, testing, and performance
- Deep knowledge of manufacturing processes, and material science.
- Comfortable setting quality standards for the organization.
- Knowledge and experience working with security a huge plus.
- Experience with automated testing a plus.
- Experience with hardware reliability tests required (environmental, temperature cycling, thermal shock, UV, salt spray and salt fog, etc).
- Experience working with wireless IoT devices - BLE/Internet connected/Battery powered IoT devices a plus.
- Experience with production level firmware, software, and mid-high volume hardware manufacturing.
- Experience managing JDM, OEM, or ODM resources overseas.
- Experience working with compliance and labs for device certification (FCC/CE/ETSI etc) a plus.
- Statistical experience with Cpk, SPC, Gauge R&R, DoE.
- Experience with Lean Six Sigma methodologies a plus (DMAIC, Kaizen, Kanban, root cause analysis, etc.).
- Participation in concept definition, cross functional design reviews, and addressing integration concerns as a reviewer on development programs & feature development.
- Organized leader with excellent written and verbal skills, ability to present ideas clearly across the organization and overseas.
Founded in 2014, Latch is a venture-backed, high-growth organization that's on a mission to change the way people open, manage, and share their spaces. Today, 1 in 10 new developments in the U.S. depend on our full-building smart access solution to meet the needs of residents and property managers.
We are a team of just over 200 employees, all of whom are passionate self starters with unique backgrounds and unexpected stories. We offer unlimited time off, a competitive health package, and the opportunity to work in a creative, dynamic, and fast-paced office environment. *We are located just a quick walk from both Hudson Yards and Penn Station in New York City.*
Applicant Privacy Notice