Director of Quality - Software and Firmware
New York (Headquarters)
Latch is looking for a senior leader to consolidate and develop the quality function for our software and firmware product lines and components. The ideal candidate is a seasoned engineer with an appreciation for balancing product quality and customer satisfaction with the capabilities and costs associated with maintaining stable functionality and pushing new features. Comfortable in software and hardware, you have a passion for understanding the whole stack, and are interested in building and mentoring teams in each discipline. In this role, you will serve as the voice of the customer for Latch, bringing an independent view to questions of what can ship, a focus to our quality metrics, and a vision for the goals we should set to continuously improve.
You will lead our Software and Firmware QA teams to unify our QA processes, and build out a team capable of scaling with a growing company and product suite. You will ultimately be responsible for the quality of all of our shipping code at the company.
Smart access isn’t about locking doors, it’s about opening up new possibilities. Latch is the world’s first fully integrated hardware and software system dedicated to bringing seamless access to every door in a modern building. We’re looking for the curious and the creative to join our team and help us continue to change the way we access our most valued spaces.
Skills and Experience:
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering
- 15+ years in product design, electronics, and/or software development
- 5+ years managing cross-functional teams in software
- Understanding of software design, architecture, data-structures, testing, and performance
- Knowledge and experience working with security a huge plus.
- Experience working with wireless IoT devices - BLE/Internet connected/Battery powered IoT devices a plus.
- Experiences with automated testing technologies including CI/CD tools and methodologies.
- Experience with production level firmware, and software for mid to high volume deployments.
- Experience working with compliance and labs for device certification (FCC/CE/ETSI etc) a plus.
- Statistical experience with Cpk, SPC, Gauge R&R, DoE.
- Experience with mobile, web, and cloud testing strategies and tools: Appium, Selenium, Cucumber, Robot, Jenkins, Docker, Pytest, TDD/BDD/ATDD, etc.
- Experience with different testing categories: unit, integration, performance, end-to-end, smoke, acceptance
- Experience with agile development methodologies.
- Participation in concept definition, cross functional design reviews, and addressing integration concerns as a reviewer on development programs & feature development.
- Organized leader with excellent written and verbal skills, ability to present ideas clearly across the organization and overseas
Founded in 2014, Latch is a venture-backed, high-growth organization that's on a mission to change the way people open, manage, and share their spaces. Today, 1 in 10 new developments in the U.S. depend on our full-building smart access solution to meet the needs of residents and property managers.
We are a team of just over 200 employees, all of whom are passionate self starters with unique backgrounds and unexpected stories. We offer unlimited time off, a competitive health package, and the opportunity to work in a creative, dynamic, and fast-paced office environment. *We are located just a quick walk from both Hudson Yards and Penn Station in New York City.*