Director, Sales Engineering
Yext is the leading Digital Knowledge Management (DKM) platform. Yext's mission is to give companies control over their brand experiences across the digital universe of maps, apps, search engines, voice assistants, and other intelligent services that drive consumer discovery, decision, and action. Today, thousands of businesses including brands like Taco Bell, Rite Aid, and Steward Health use the Yext Knowledge Engine™ to manage their digital knowledge in order to boost brand engagement, drive foot traffic, and increase sales.
The rapidly growing Enterprise Division is a cross functional team of Sales, Account Management and Business Development professionals responsible for growing Yext’s revenues. With a focus on Fortune 50-500 brands across the United States and global chain businesses internationally, we work with brands across Automotive, Financial Services, Healthcare, Insurance, Retail and more.
The Director, Sales Engineering provides product and technical direction concerning Digital Knowledge Management to Yext clients and prospects. This strategic role will build, direct and manage pre-sales resources throughout Yext sales cycles.
- Provide technical/functional leadership to the sales team in the development and implementation of customer applications and customer products.
- Participate in account planning and strategy development.
- Publish technical information of specific applications and/or technical articles.
- Work cross functionally inside Yext and externally to define new products and use cases.
- Serve as the company liaison on specific technical projects with customers.
- Assist in the development of short, medium, and long term plans to achieve strategic objectives.
- Engage with Yext senior/executive leadership to ensure business unit objectives are met.
- Hire, develop and allocate resources, perform employee reviews and evaluations, participate in strategic deals and backup team members as needed to grow regional business.
- Is a hands on leader, actively work with team members to solve difficult problems and coordinate corporate/external resources, when required.
- Drive strategic initiatives and programs as needed and actively support the team's career development and advancement.
- Provide guidance to revenue leaders on sales strategy, product obstacles/gaps, as well as represent the team’s needs to Yext executive staff.
- Direct and manage pre-sales resources throughout the sales cycle.
- Industry experience and credibility building and leading complex SaaS pre-sales organizations.
- Influential thinker who gains acceptance of others in sensitive situations.
- Present flawlessly.
- Travel as needed.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent, advanced degree highly desirable.
- Exemplary communication skills inside and outside of Yext.
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
Yext offers the following exceptional benefits: competitive compensation, 401k, unlimited snacks, daily meal allowance, flexible hours/paid time off, and excellent health/dental/vision insurance. We treat our employees well and offer tremendous growth opportunities. Challenging work pushes our people to be creative in a casual environment that is caring, fun, and collaborative. We believe that when you have smart, happy people working together you can produce something special.
Yext has been named a Best Place to Work by Fortune and Great Place to Work® as well as a Best Workplace for Women. Yext is headquartered in New York City with offices in Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, Geneva, London, Paris, Tyson's Corner, San Francisco, Shanghai, and Tokyo. Learn more about the Yext team and culture on the muse, our website, and our blog.
Yext is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.