Director, Security Engineering at Stash
Want to help everyday Americans invest and build wealth? Financial inequality is increasing, and too many people are getting left behind. At Stash, we are passionate about democratizing wealth creation through education, advice, and products that help customers achieve greater financial freedom.
As Stash’s first Director of Security Engineering, you will be responsible for building and leading a team of engineers and architects to construct a security engineering program from the ground up. The ideal candidate will have a strong track record of implementing security technologies in highly regulated and fast-paced environments. We also need someone with experience implementing modern security solutions and technologies as well as someone who can grow and train information security professionals and engineers. As part of this role, you will be given the opportunity and resources to build a program from the ground up.What you’ll do:
- Grow, train, guide, and oversee the Security Engineering team
- Develop a strategy and build Stash’s security infrastructure from the ground up
- Consult and partner with senior-level stakeholders across the entire engineering department to identify security risks and to optimize the use of security controls, risks controls, and cloud infrastructure
- Implement security solutions across the organization that protect Stash’s data stores, endpoints, systems, networks, applications, and personnel. Including but not limited to, zero-trust, secrets management, identity management, mobile device posture management, cloud posture management, user behavior analytics, and bot management solutions
- Improve and maintain Stash’s protective and detective security controls through continuous improvement and automation
- Establish success criteria and metrics for reliable delivery and maintenance of security solutions and technologies
- Create processes and standards for selection, implementation, and support of security solutions and technologies
- Create processes for adhering to IT and security compliance standards and regulations
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems, Cybersecurity, Information Security or a related field
- 8+ years of experience working in engineering operations, security engineering, IT engineering, or related technical discipline
- Proven experience implement robust IT and security solutions and controls in complex, fast-moving, environments
- Excellent understanding of computer systems, security, network and systems administration, databases and data storage systems, and telecommunications systems
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate with teams across the entire organization
- Excellent leadership and decision-making skills
- Strong knowledge of project management principles
- Strong knowledge of information security and software engineering principles
At Stash it is our mission to help everyday Americans invest and build wealth. That includes people of all races, genders, and abilities, so it is important to us to acknowledge and address the issues of inequality in financial services head on.
Diversity and inclusion are essential to living our values, promoting innovation, and building the best products. Our success is directly related to our employees and we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of the customers that we serve. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Stash is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.
If you require any reasonable accommodations to make your application process more accessible please reach out to [email protected].
Invest in Yourself:
- Equity & Stash Accounts [Invest, Retire, Custodial, Bank]
- Flexible PTO
- Learning & Development Fund
- Work from Home Stipends
- Parental Leave [Primary & Secondary]
- BuiltIn’s Best Places to Work (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Forbes Fintech 50 (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Best Digital Bank, Finovate Awards (2020)
- Tearsheet Challenge Awards, Best Banking Card Product - Stock-Back® Card, 2020
- LendIt Fintech Innovator of the Year (2019 & 2020)
**No recruiters, please**
This position may be performed remotely anywhere within the United States except the State of Colorado.