Director, Security Operations Engineering
Help Us Build the Future of Money
Gemini Trust Company, LLC (Gemini) is a licensed digital asset exchange and custodian. We built the Gemini platform so customers can buy, sell, and store digital assets (e.g., Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Zcash) in a regulated, secure, and compliant manner.
Digital assets and blockchain technology have the power to transform the world for good. This truth, along with our core values, form the bedrock of our company and culture. At Gemini, no job is too small and no project too big as we endeavor to build the future of money. We are a mission-driven, team-based, inclusive, and determined community of thought leaders who invest in each other and the long game. Join us in our mission!
The Department: Security
In the emerging industry of digital assets, there is nothing more important than trust (which is why Gemini’s very first hires were Security experts). The Gemini Security team forms the backbone of all that we do and is as diverse as the number of challenges we tackle in the crypto space. From security architecture and engineering to maintenance of cold storage systems and data centers to cybersecurity and litigation support, our team ensures that our customers, clients, and employees are safe, secure, and supported.
The Role: Director, Security Operations Engineering
Gemini is looking for a Director of Security Operations Engineering to join our growing information security team. In this role, you will report directly to the Chief Security Officer (CSO) and lead a team responsible for building and automating detection and response solutions, threat hunting and intelligence, monitoring security events, and responding to incidents.
- Design and execute on a security operations strategy to continuously improve our ability to detect and respond to attacks on Gemini’s platform and devices;
- Direct and manage investigations of attacks against Gemini;
- Direct and manage vulnerability assessments, red team engagements, and table top exercises to continuously improve the effectiveness of our security program;
- Lead the development of tools that automate manual detection and response tasks;
- Manage a threat intelligence program and resources, designed to research and track relevant threats to Gemini and cryptocurrencies;
- Work closely with engineering to educate team members about emerging threats and support improvements in the detection of malicious activity;
- Develop and publicly share research in the area of detection and response; and
- Manage the work and career growth of team members.
- Experience managing and developing teams and employees
- Familiar with common scripting languages
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and attentive to detail
- Experience developing detection mechanisms in support of MacOS and Linux systems
- Experience with attacker tactics, techniques, and tools (TTP)
- Experience leading incident response efforts and briefing senior stakeholders
- Must be a team player who is able to interact with peers, management, and senior engineers in a dynamic environment
- Familiar with dynamic and static analysis of malware
- Familiar with packet capture analysis
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive base salaries across all departments
- Ownership in the company via profit sharing units
- Amazing benefits, 401k match contribution, and flexible hours
- Snacks, Perks, Wellness Outings & Events
Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.