Director Site Reliability Engineer- Cloud Infrastructure at Grubhub
About The Opportunity
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 20+ million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 125,000 restaurants in 2,400 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo, AllMenus and MenuPages).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
The Cloud Infrastructure (CI) team is responsible for building the frameworks and platform which all services at Grubhub operate on. This team is made up of Software Engineers and SREs and are at the core of implementing distributed, scalable system foundations and designing for 5x9’s uptime and horizontal scalability. The SREs focus on building reliable distributed systems that are easy to run, maintain and operate. The CI SRE team works across all teams at Grubhub to assist with design and architecture as well as providing guidance on the platform we have built.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Manage a team of Site Reliability Engineers. You will be a people leader and a technical leader for the team
- Be an owner of our platform. This includes everything from our cloud provider implementation to how we build, deploy and instrument our systems
- Drive improvements and advancements to the platform in areas such as container orchestration, service mesh, request retry strategies
- Build frameworks and tools to empower safe developer lead changes, automate the manual and provide insight into our complex system
You Should Have
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Programming or Engineering related field
- 10+ years experience building and/or running highly-scalable systems
- 3+ years managing a technical team
- Deep experience with systems such as Kubernetes and/or Mesos
- Minimum 5+ years building applications in Python, Java, Scala or a similar language
- Deep knowledge of distributed systems; including distributed algorithms, service discovery and consistency models
- Deep understanding of Linux systems
- Experience with NoSQL databases such as Cassandra
- Exposure to service mesh technologies (Envoy, Linkerd, et cetera)
- Experience with AWS, GCP and/or Azure
- Exceptional communication and troubleshooting skills
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. It’s true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
- PTO. It’s true, we provide you a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they’re granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we’re all in it to win it.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.