Director, Software Engineering - Building Technology at WeWork Technology
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing hundreds of thousands of members around the world with space, community, and services that enable them to do what they love and create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
About the team
The Building Technology team’s mission is to Empower WeWork and its Members with world class technology infrastructure, support and services. We are building best in class systems to deliver technology infrastructure and IT services to our Members in an automated, elastic, and easy-to-consume way. The technology we build and manage has allowed WeWork to scale to 300+ buildings in 20+ countries and continues to be our competitive advantage as the company continues to grow. Ultimately our goal is to make technology as frictionless as possible for our Members so that they can focus on creating their life’s work.
About the role
In this role, you will contribute to the mission of delivering IT-as-a-Service and Infrastructure-as-a-Service products at scale. You'll set goals and oversee planning of engineering and product focused initiatives that deliver on the next phase of dynamic infrastructure and cloud services.
- Oversee software engineering teams that build, design, implement and maintain front-ends and back-ends for Building Technology products and services.
- Ensure data collection and storage facilitates analysis and reporting.
- Manage robust and scalable systems in order to get ahead of demand.
- Influence and establish engineering standard methodologies through solid design decisions, processes, and tools.
- Be a key contributor to overall Building Technology strategy and plan, partnering with product and engineering leaders and architects on the technology roadmap.
- 4+ years of experience managing software engineering managers (mentoring junior managers, setting technical direction, etc.).
- Large systems software design and development experience, including experience in building web and native mobile applications plus backend APIs
- Solid foundation in design, data structures and algorithms, and strong analytical and debugging skills with customer-facing products experience
- Strong organization and prioritization skills along with outstanding written and verbal interpersonal skills are a major plus for this role
- BA/BS degree preferably in CS or a closely related field or have equivalent practical experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status