Director of Software Engineering
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing hundreds of thousands of members across the globe space, community, and services that enable them to do what they love and craft their life's work. Our mission is to build a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
We are building software for physical space that uses data and technology at each point in the building process, such that it can make better sourcing decisions, improve its designs, build faster and smarter, and ultimately improve the lives of the people working within its buildings. Our state of the art technologies and dedication to technological innovation are key reasons why WeWork has been able to scale from operating one workspace location to more than 210 in just over eight years.
The mission of Real Estate & Development is to enable our teams across real estate, architecture, design, construction, and project management with the most up to date technology. Our technology allows for a better ability to source new deals, close those deals, design and build more efficiently, and manage the construction process end to end. We're supporting the core business here in RedTech and would love to have you on the team!
Are you someone with a strong creative streak? Do you enjoy fast paced exciting environments? Are you looking to contribute to making a real impact across many different communities and cultures around the world with the work that you're doing? If so, then we may have the opportunity for you.
- Oversee 5-10 software engineering teams (50-100 people) that build, design, implement and maintain front-ends and back-ends for Real Estate and Development products and related services.
- Ensure data collection and storage facilitates analysis and reporting.
- Manage robust and scalable systems in order to get ahead of the demand.
- Influence and establish engineering standard methodologies through solid design decisions, processes, and tools.
- 4+ years of experience managing software engineering managers (mentoring junior managers, setting technical direction, etc.).
- Large systems software design and development experience, including experience in building web and native mobile applications plus backend APIs
- BA/BS degree preferably in CS or a closely related field or having equivalent practical experience.
Nice to have
- If you have a solid foundation in design, data structures and algorithms, and strong analytical and debugging skills with customer-facing products experience
- Strong organization and prioritization skills along with outstanding written and verbal interpersonal skills are a major plus for this role
- MS or PhD degree in Computer Science
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.