With 20 years of search marketing expertise our goal is to add value to every search. On the simplest level we are the largest consumer search technology platform outside of Google and Bing. adMarketplace delivers incremental search traffic across native channels, including mobile apps, consumer sites, and browsers. Our technology enables audiences to skip search results pages and navigate directly to trusted sites in moments of intent. As well as driving incremental reach we are also market leaders in terms of privacy and performance.
At adMarketplace, we create the best of breed advertising technology using cutting-edge architectures with millisecond response time and crunch through terabytes of data every day. The ideal candidate is motivated designing for massive scale, developing for low latency and pushing the boundaries of using real-time data in automated decisions. Our team uses a modern tech stack including Akka, Scala, Kafka, Java8+, Kubernetes, AWS and more.
What You’ll Do:
- Inherit and manage a team of 8+ engineers on day one.
- Lead, own and drive projects from start to completion including system architecture design, code design, development, and integration:
- 24/7 low latency large-scale distributed Ad Serving and Click Tracking platforms
- Real-time Conversion Tracking platform
- System scalability projects: cloud migration, containerization
- System stability projects: documentation/development/monitoring/metrics/recovery standards and practices
- Work closely with product and business stakeholders on understanding and translating business requirements into technical solutions and with our Technical Project Manager on project execution.
- Mentor and manage the Engineering Team:
- Develop the skills and talents of others and improve engineering culture
- Implement best-practice software engineering methods
- Provide guidance, direction, and support
- Active participation in growing/hiring for the engineering team.
- Represent the Engineering Team in cross-functional projects, meetings and to the company at large.
- BS in Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline
- Must have a strong knowledge of software engineering and 7+ years of hands-on development experience using Java with a dependency injection framework (Java 8 and Akka preferred)
- Must have 4+ years of experience developing/delivering and maintaining multiple complex, low latency, scalable, mission-critical systems
- Must have exceptional leadership, communication, and project management skills and 1+ years of experience managing and leading engineering teams and projects
- Ability to design complete systems by collaborating with multiple teams and understanding testing, hardware and deployment methodologies
- Strong knowledge of algorithmic complexity/simplicity trade offs and effective use of data structures
- Good understanding of low latency messaging and asynchronous design patterns
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance
- Experience working in a Linux environment
- Operates with a belief in developing the skills and talents of others
- Excellent documentation and troubleshooting skills
- Is a plus:
- Digital advertising industry experience
- Experience with AWS, Kubernetes, Akka, Scala, Kafka, RabbitMQ, MySQL, Python, Vertica, and Aerospike (NoSQL)
- Basic understanding and/or interest in Machine Learning
- Experience with project management or Jira
- Experience with DevOps