Director, Web Development at DigitalOcean
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.We want people who are passionate about leading website optimization, performance and conversions that will take our business to the next level.
As the Marketing Web Development Director, you will report into our CMO and will be responsible for the performance and optimization of DigitalOcean’s web properties. This individual will be an exceptional team leader and bring depth of experience in front end web development and web development/marketing industry best practices that will help with the growth of the business.What You’ll Be Doing:
- Lead the marketing digital experience web development team, which is responsible for website development, optimization, integrations and testing.
- Manage a team of marketing web developers.
- Make data-driven recommendations to optimize website performance and improve ROI.
- Track and manage timelines, deliverables, and the implementation of new features, updates and projects across the marketing web properties.
- Work with other marketing teams to plan and then implement website SEO/SEM strategy to ensure optimal search engine ranking and visibility.
- Use analytical data to help make decisions on optimizing DigitalOcean web properties to continually improve site conversion, lead generation and the user experience.
- Manage integrations between marketing tools and systems
- Ensure that best practices are upheld for web development, providing the best possible results for conversions and results.
- Continuously explore and pursue new web development technologies to drive innovation and customer centric experiences.
- A deep understanding of leading web development, and familiarity with digital marketing principles and analytics.
- Proven experience with digital marketing, including a deep understanding of best practices, innovative tactics, measurement tools, and technological platforms.
- Hands on experience and a proven record of working on website development projects.
- Familiarity with front-end development programming languages.
- Strong knowledge of code development tools and production best-practices.
- A passion for digital marketing and the desire to work in a rapidly growing organization.
- Experience working in a fast paced, results-drive, high performance culture
- Detail oriented and extremely organized with an ability to multitask and prioritize against the business needs of a company
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC and Cambridge and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to onboard in-office and take an all-expenses paid trip to our annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our Marketing team? Clickhere!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!