Crossix is looking for a Director or Senior Director of Engineering for Veeva Data Cloud who will manage an engineering team responsible for designing, building and launching data products. You’ll scale and lead a team of engineers focused on designing systems that manage data collection, processing and delivery in a productized way, to bring new enterprise solutions to market. You’re passionate about building data-focused products and excited about building and leading a development team.
What You'll Do
- Build and lead a team including Data Engineers, Data Architect, Software Engineers and Front-End Developers
- Be a leader who is also hands-on and can help build the product
- Own the build and delivery of Veeva Data Cloud, which entails all elements of product development, including data ingestion, pipeline, references, delivery, customer-facing front-end, and overall architecture
- Collaborate with Product Management, Data Scientists, Data Operations, QA, and DevOps
- Drive technical decisions and design, and manage priorities and backlog
- Work closely with Product Managers to translate requirements into technical design and architecture
- Track development process and assume full ownership and accountability over quality releases delivered on time
What You've Done
- 3+ years leading engineering teams
- 8+ years of experience working on enterprise products
- 8+ years solid server-side development
- Experience hiring and developing high-performing engineers
- Experience architecting enterprise products from the ground-up
- Owned development process for external-facing scalable software products
- Highly proficient in Java
- Experience in Scala or Go
- Experience developing distributed and scalable systems using Spark/Elastic/MongoDB
- Experience with Hadoop, Hive, Elastic, noSQL databases
- Proven experience in Big Data (i.e., tens of billions of records), distributed computing and AWS
- Exposure to (or management of others conducting) UI development
- Experience building in agile including working alongside a Product Management team
- College degree in math, computer science, systems engineering or a similar technical field
About the Team – Crossix is the market leader in delivering hard-to-come-by insights that enable healthcare marketers to plan, measure, and optimize their marketing campaigns with confidence. Using our own proprietary technology and network of health and non-health data, our analyses pinpoint the tactics, programs, and channels that improve performance and boost sales, enabling better healthcare communications. And we do it all while protecting consumer privacy.
Leadership – With decades of combined experience and an unrivaled track record of healthcare innovation, our leadership team sets the standard for us. Their knowledge and expertise continually challenge us and the industry – through their work, their speaking engagements at conferences and their thought leadership published in the top industry publications.
Culture – We know that our employees set us apart. Along with competitive salaries and benefits, we invest in creating compelling opportunities for professional development and career growth. We also believe that diversity is essential to building an environment where everyone can feel they belong. We’re continuously building an inclusive company where everyone feels welcome and heard. Come join our rapidly growing team!
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status.