Drupal Engineer at WW (the new Weight Watchers)
OverviewWe are seeking a senior level CMS engineer to join the WW Guest Experience team. Our team is responsible for delivering software solutions to support our guest web experience for WW globally as well as our content APIs available for use throughout the organization. You will participate in the full Agile development cycle, from working with designers and product managers to determine requirements and creating tickets in Jira, to developing features and fixing defects, writing unit tests and delivering builds. You will also learn from our talented team of software engineers and share your knowledge to make us better too. We all care passionately about the experience we create for guests looking into WW, creating new and exciting editorial tools with a keen eye on page speed and innovation. Our new decoupled CMS system is utilizing exciting new technologies such as GraphQL, React, Storybook and Drupal 8 to deliver our content to the guest site and other applications at WW. As a Senior Software Engineer at Weight Watchers, your code, designs and decisions will be highly visible, and will directly impact and delight our users.
Projects You Will Work On
- You will be focused on the CMS tier of our new application built in Drupal 8 delivering data via our GraphQL API layer. You will work on the GraphQL API tier to extend, optimize and create new endpoints for use through the company. You will also work closely with the React part of our team as they are the main consumers of the content APIs we deliver.
- Build great editorial experiences using a number of open source Content Management Systems.
- Utilize Node.js, React, GraphQL and other technologies to implement user experiences that delight our members.
- Design and implement low-latency, highly available and performing applications that scale for millions of users.
- Help build a top-notch engineering team that will assist in the creation of the next wave of great Weight Watchers applications.
- Help define architectures and design patterns.
- Ensure proper test coverage via unit tests and integration tests.
- Oversee and ensure the quality of developer code through code reviews, architecture design and the creation of coding standards.
- Work closely with product, QA, UX and DevOps teams to design the best solutions for our guests.
- Work in an Agile Scrum environment.
- Partner with top notch designers to create award winning user experiences.
- Work alongside some of the smartest and most dedicated engineers in the HealthTech industry.
- Experience with open source Content Management Systems such as Drupal, Wordpress, Keystone. Drupal 8 preferred.
- Experience with de-coupled multi tiered CMS systems. Plus for experience with Apollo.
- Proficiency in PHP, JSHTML, and SCSS.
- Deep understanding of Responsive Web semantics and paradigms.
- Experience with web services API Integration (GQL/REST ).
- Thorough understanding of user experience and UI design principles.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as git, Subversion, CVS, Mercurial, etc.
- Experience with Continuous Integration Continuous Delivery (CICD)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience leading a team of engineers to deliver wonderful user experiences.
- Team player – you care about those around you and are excited to share knowledge with your peers.
- BS degree in Computer Science and/or a combination equivalent academic or professional experience.
As a company, our purpose is to inspire healthy habits for real life. And as an employer, we inspire the greatest people to do their best work. We provide benefits for real life to help protect your health, finances and overall well-being, including:
- Competitive compensation and profit-sharing plan
- A 401K plan to help you plan for your future, plus company match
- Health care coverage starting on your first day
- Tuition reimbursement and online courses to help you reach your career aspirations
- Commuter benefits
- Yearly well-being allowance for your physical, financial, social and emotional well-being
- Free WW membership for you plus 3 free WW memberships for your friends and 3 for your family
- Free fruit, snacks and coffee to get you through your day
- Summer Fridays, happy hours, and company outings
- Robust employee referral bonuses
- Developmental opportunities and assignments to grow your career
WW is an equal opportunity employer. WW does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.Any offer of employment is contingent upon the satisfactory results of reference and background checks.