Electrical Engineer (Analog/Power)
The Electrical Engineer (Analog/Power) will work as part of a team in developing hardware and software to support validation of analog and power systems, which will technologically drive the next generation of Peloton Products. We are looking for a senior hardware engineer with experience in board and system-level design and a real passion for learning about and working with analog and power supply circuit designs.
- Work in a mixed team of Hardware and Software engineers to design evaluation platforms, prototypes, and automation tools that will enable rapid bring-up and debug of new silicon designs.
- Develop electronic control system architectures including sensors, microprocessor controls, high power DC and AC switching circuits and power supplies
- Develop early stage new product concepts including hands-on design of embedded microprocessor and peripheral circuits, analog transducer interfaces, signal conditioning and serial communications interfaces
- Design electronic products to perform reliably in severe EMI environments
- Develop detailed hardware and software technical specifications traceable to functional requirements
- Design and validate firmware used to control our systems, working both independently and in collaboration with a software engineer
- Enhance product reliability through design improvements and exhaustive testing of prototypes and production systems
- Evaluate new product ideas and development initiatives
- Integrating hardware and electrical through development activities, including instrumentation for analysis
- Review, test, and approved specifications and schematics capture.
- Generate and maintain design documentation
- Develop circuity and robust communication protocols, ensuring 6-sigma product performance
- Test and qualify prototype boards.
- Characterize analog performance (SNR, SFDR, Crosstalk, etc...).
- 7+ years experience in board and system-level hardware design, schematic capture, PCB layout.
- Strong bringup and debugging skills and hands-on lab work. Experience with complex test equipment setups for analog measurement.
- Working knowledge of power and signal integrity simulation and measurement techniques, and real-world experience in driving correlation between the two domains.
- Strong communication skills working with multi-functional HW, SW, and architecture teams. Mentoring and training for junior engineers.
- Ability to write organized documentation for hardware designs, test plans, and validation results.
- Basic software skills in Python, Perl, C/C++ are a plus.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses and retail showrooms in the US, UK and Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 and Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.