We're looking for an EMR Interface Engineer to help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.What You'll Do
In this role, you'll work with the Interfaces team as the primary technical touchpoint for our cancer center partners who use our EMR. You’ll work with customers and other healthcare vendors in partnership with Project Managers, Implementation Specialists and the Customer Success team at Flatiron to understand workflow requirements, develop and deploy HL7 (V2 & V3) and API-based interfaces, perform electronic data conversions, and gather feedback and work with the broader Product/Engineering team to identify and solve critical customer challenges. In addition, you'll also:
- Lead integration and data conversion projects through pre-sales scoping, design, documentation, build, testing, deployment, and stabilization phases
- Work directly with customers, vendors and internal team(s) during the discovery phase to identify workflow requirements, and determine how interfaces would fit into proposed solutions
- Work on multiple projects concurrently, monitor the status of tasks and escalate issues when appropriate
- Project manage and assist customers with Oncology EMR integrations and data conversions, both imports and exports
- Act as a technical touchpoint with customers and assist with customer support issues related to interfaces and data conversions
- Own the design, planning and execution of interoperability platform projects
- Collaborate with other Flatiron teams to create or enhance existing project management tools, and processes to improve quality and throughput of interface implementations and data conversions
We’re seeking detail-oriented problem solvers with strong collaboration, ownership and organization skills who are excited to dramatically impact the customer experience and grow within the Professional Services organization and beyond at Flatiron.Who You Are
You're an engineer with experience working with integration engines and EMR systems. You're excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You’re a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact.
- You have 3+ years of healthcare experience, preferably working directly with an EMR
- You have experience in implementing and supporting HL7 interfaces version 2.x and 3.x. Experience enabling web-service / FHIR-based integrations is a plus
- You have experience in SQL and other query languages
- You have scripting experience (TCL or Powershell preferred)
- You are self-motivated and thrive in high-uncertainty situations
- You are flexible and adapt well to complex challenges
- You have strong analytical and technical skills
- You have experience with Infor Cloverleaf or another contemporary interface engine
- You are able to travel to Flatiron’s office in NYC for company and team events, and potentially customer sites up to 10% of the time
If this sounds like you, you'll fit right in at Flatiron.Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.