Engineer: Business Internal Tools and Applications at DigitalOcean
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.We want people who are passionate about engineering easy-to-use tools that enable internal teams to manage customer resources and interactions.
We are looking for an Engineer experienced with mission-critical full-stack applications to help with the continued growth of the DigitalOcean cloud. Reporting to the Senior Manager in Customer Experience, the Engineer will maintain and transform a critical, full-stack, monolith system into modern, highly available, micro-services, and front ends. This engineer will build internal applications for support, sales, security and internal engineering teamsWhat You’ll Be Doing:
- Build internal applications for support, sales, security and internal engineering teams
- Scale and modernize a mission-critical Ruby system which is used throughout the company
- Create internal services that are performant and highly reliable
- Follow continually evolving engineering practices
- Take part in an on-call rotation every 3 to 4 weeks
- Deployments: Experience with containerized applications in Docker within a CI/CD environment using GOCD, Concourse or similar platform.
- Design & architecture: Experience working within a microservice architecture; Exposure to asynchronous, event-driven processing and synchronous gRPC/HTTP based requests is a plus.
- Domain experience: hands-on experience with IaaS- and PaaS-based solutions.
- Operational expertise: Knowledge of and ability to use Kibana and Grafana for monitoring, alerting, and troubleshooting (or similar tools).
- Salesforce administration and integration experience is nice to have.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in a remote-first culture.
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge and Palo Alto, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Department: Engineering #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Engineering team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!