Operating as both an Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) company and InsurTech company, StrongArm Tech provides unique experiences in software, firmware, and electronics engineering. You will have exposure to both hardware and software development, work with machine learning + data at a huge scale, and be a part of the world leader for safety science. The platform is being used by some of the biggest logistics companies, construction companies, and manufacturing facilities in the United States.
You must be able to thrive in a fast-paced design culture and enjoy holding responsibilities solving challenging problems.
Our working environment is focused on fast, iterative, and human-centered design and as a result, we're highly collaborative and agile. Our open office environment is people-focused - we joke, have fun, and enjoy each other's company when we can, but aren’t afraid to roll up our sleeves and get our hands dirty to get things done. We are looking for driven and open-minded engineers with exceptional analytical abilities who can wear a number of hats from embedded engineering, software design, software development, architecture, analytics, infrastructure automation, and testing automation.
- Individual contributor
- Prototyped, designed, developed, manufactured and deployed hardware in the field with actual use.
- Working on optimizing performance, generating and testing new features on our wearable sensors and smart docks.
- Prototyping - from PoC to full-scale deployment you will bring new embedded solutions to life. You’ll be designing circuits, prototyping them, and translating your designs to PCBs for manufacturing.
- Manufacturing - at scale the manufacturing works hand in hand for new embedded solutions.
- Developing the reliability of our IoT infrastructure from pushing/applying firmware, reporting status, to exchanging data, and making sure that plays well with the backend.
- Completed BS or MS in one of Electrical Engineering, Computer Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering
- Experience making informed architectural (EE + CS) decisions
- Breadboarding, soldering, debugging circuit design for prototyping and PCB design. You’ve torn wires out of a circuit and debugged many a circuit design, and probably fried a few chips to get to where you are today.
- Experience with an RTOS system (FreeRTOS preferred)
- Experience using I2C/SPI buses
- Experience developing software in C / C++ - Compiling C and developing/running it on a microcontroller.
- Developing interactions using Bluetooth, BLE, and Wifi protocols. You can coherently design and explain connected devices, and the network(s) that support them.
- PCB design: Design and fabricated some PCBs, using Altium, Eagle or some equivalent
- Experience with Git version control in a production environment
- Experience creating Libraries, in a language of your choice
- Linux, you know your way around the command line
- 1+ years work experience
- Experience implementing drivers / HALs
- Experience with micro-controllers + development platforms similar to Nordic nRF51822, nRF52832, TI chipsets or other IoT firmware.
- Experience debugging issues on I2C/SPI buses
StrongArm Technologies is an equal opportunity employer