Engineer: Experimentation Platform
Have you ever wondered what happens inside the Cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about building the platform to help teams make data driven decisions.
We are looking for an engineer who will help build the platform that allows teams to try out ideas and measure the impact on the business. You'll work with teams to help them create experiments that provide a measurable value that has the potential to drive significant impact to the business. Working with designers, product managers and engineers, you will have the opportunity to create a simple solution to make experimentation easy and ensure teams can deploy experimental code safely.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Define the tools and frameworks for quickly including experiments in our user interfaces.
- Create the platform for managing experiments across the company.
- Help to design the architecture and platform moving forward to support experimentation at all levels of the stack (hardware, hypervisors, microservices, web applications, etc.).
- Serve as a data advocate at DO: help teams become successful running experiments, promote the platform internally and externally, etc.
What We Expect From You:
- Previous experience as a Full Stack Web Developer
- An appreciation for data driven decisions. You don't need to be a data scientist or statistician, but these skills should be something you'd like to learn.
- Empathy and respect for others. You'll be diving into code you don't own, so you'll want to be a grateful house guest!
Why You’ll Enjoy Working at DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and coolest people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. Archery classes, DJ lessons, and office pie fights are a thing. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to keep you fit, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have a great office space located in the heart of SoHo NYC and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our HQ to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in HQ.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our Infrastructure team? Clickhere!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!